You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00242388-688
Upgrade Install and Relocation Engineer
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Within ASML, the Customer Support (CS) group is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the departments in this group is CS NXE Upgrades. This organization prepares and executes complex upgrades such as commercial upgrades and field swaps and “bring to spec packages”.
The mission of this position is to manage and keep track on complex field upgrades and activities, enabling the field teams to unlock the potential of ASML products for our customers.
As an Engineer, you introduce the newest EUV technology to our customers by hands on upgrading EUV machines. In all situations, your first priority is to be an ambassador for safety and local way of working adherence.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Become an all-around EUV upgrade Source engineer in Hardware, Co2 alignment and Plasma qualification.
- Be responsible to get familiar with New Product Introductions to gain more in-depth technical knowledge by reading/understanding KTs and completing CBT’s and training before deployment to an Upgrade.
- Execute hardware installation and perform system setup/recovery for upgrade packages as well as support locally owned field swaps by working according to an up-to-date plan and following the sequence. (Source competence: Hardware, Co2 alignment, Plasma qualification)
- Executing according to procedures and in case of issues knowing and following the escalation process.
- Organize tooling before/after usage and return all tooling to its original location when complete with work to maintain a safe and organized work space at all times. Be responsible to follow the escalation process when tooling is NOK.
- Provide feedback during execution in order to improve cycle time and performance in accordance with the “zero error repeat concept”.
- Take ownership to reduce B3 issues by pro-actively checking the sequence for potential issues and critical steps. When B3 issues occur, take ownership to follow-up by adhering to the D12 method and inform line management about possible solutions.
- Responsible to align with the Shift Lead to ensure that all required administration/actions/problem statements are noted in logbook.
- Use the logbook and review logbook wrt the previous shift before start working.
- Participate in the wrap-up phase of an upgrade by sharing feedback and comments which occurred during the execution phase.
Education and experience
- Up to BSc technical degree like Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, (Applied) Physics or comparable, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex production processes as engineer, preferably with trouble-shooting: analyzing problem, finding root cause and solution.
- Preferred 1-3 years’ work experience as engineer.
- Broad technical and business knowledge.
- Strong analytical ability and focus on problem solving.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Open for cultural differences.
- Pragmatic attitude, motivated, proactive, self-driven and flexible.
- High sense of responsibility and devotion.
- Highly stress-resistant.
- Good documentation skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good team player who is committed to the success of ASML.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In this role, you will report to your Group Leader CS NXE Upgrades in Hillsboro.
In general, work is scheduled at the INTEL HBO site. However, flexibility to travel to countries including Taiwan, Korea, USA), with short notice (if needed, with uninterrupted periods up to 3 weeks in a row).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.