You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
EUV Technical Instructor/Developer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
This position is within the CS sector. The CS Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer.
Local Customer Support branches (Field Support) perform these tasks at the customers within their specific region. The training department is the crucial link between the development department and the thousands of colleagues working at customer sites worldwide and engineers in Veldhoven performing this excellent support.
The training department develops and delivers technical training through 1000’s of training events yearly worldwide. The training department has training facilities in Netherlands, Taiwan, Korea and USA.
Role and responsibilities
As a Technical Instructor you will be responsible for delivering high quality technical training to engineers from the CS sector and customer. You will also be responsible for creating training solutions to issues reported from Customer Support (CS) engineers in the Field. Along with the responsibility concerns particularly issues which can be solved by training and education of CS engineers.
Additionally as a Developer, you will work with employees from the CS NPI organization to develop the training content for Install Base Line to the CS Field Organization. You will be a member of the CS Training and Knowledge Management Department. Our Training Centers operate in shifts that include weekends and nights in class and clean rooms.
You will train engineers(internal & external) on several levels:
Level1: Introduction to the machine (functional overview and machineoperation).
Level2: Maintenance and Adjustments (major replacements, calibrations).
Level3: Advanced subjects (troubleshooting and diagnosing).
Also, within our department you work in one or more projects supporting the learning needs of our customers.
Being in touch with several departments (e.g. Manufacturing, Global Support Centre, D & E and CS-FSE) you translate customer requirements into blended learning training packages as part of training material updates and maintenance.
Education and experience
- TechnicalUniversity (B.Sc./ M.Sc.) in Science field (Electrical Technology,Mechatronics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or ComputerScience, etc.)
- Experiencein training development and delivery, preferably in blended learning packages,or experience in teaching a technical subject.
- 2to 3 years of delivering Technical Training with proven affinity with orexpertise in education and/or didactics. (or 4 to 7 years field serviceexperiences)
- Abackground in field service, system maintenance and / or processengineering with knowledge of ASML systems.
Experiencewith customers and field operation / a good understanding of what a fieldoperation requires.
- Knowledgeof people management and development required.
- Knowledgeof safety procedures required.
- Hasrelevant knowledge in managing projects.
- Leadinga highly educated team of engineers.
- Fluentcommunication skills in spoken and written English.
- Stronginterpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Abilityfor analytical and abstract thinking.
- Teamwork,planning and organization skills.
- Ableto work in shifts that include weekends and nights and willing to travel.
- Havea passion for training, teaching and learning.
- Businesssense for possible new opportunities which add value to our core business.
- Leadershipwhich could,
- Takes the lead inpressing matters.
- Ensures sufficientpersonnel and a productive working environment amongst the team toultimately insure the desired level of flexibility.
- Recruits, scales in,evaluates, promotes within the guidelines in consultation with the GroupLeader.
- Delegatestasks within the team, prioritizes and takes responsibility for thecorrect and timely fulfillment of his(her) tasks from Training deliveryand content update for better Knowledge and Skill transfer to thecustomer.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.