You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00243349-791
Senior System Software Lead - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML, a market leader in the semiconductor lithography equipment, is looking to fill the role of Team Leader/MDO (Major Deliverable Owner) within the Software Department in Wilton, CT. Candidate will be responsible for team leadership, execution, and reporting for the development and delivery of large, highly complex, mechatronic systems.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As an MDO, you will support the leadership for the EUV NPI Top Module Software Project.
- Lead multi-disciplined, development team of ~5-7 Engineers to ensure in-spec, on time, delivery.
- Align and interface frequently with several projects and suppliers in the US and Europe.
- Create and maintain project plans (schedule, resources and material requirements) with assistance from Project Leadership.
- Arrange deliverables for functional, electrical, and software engineers.
- Drive multiple suppliers for on-time delivery of program milestones, technical risks, and issues.
- Organize, plan and host multiple workshops between suppliers and ASML employees.
- Align with cross-sectors on regular basis to ensure on time delivery.
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Understand proper escalation paths and acts accordingly.
- Delegate tasks and follow up by tracking to completion.
- Manage system and team interdependencies.
- Properly manage impact of changes of your system to the total machine.
- Manage design and program risks as well as program requirements.
- Run a daily stand-up for team and tracking issues (Kanban) against delivery milestones.
- Drive and lead the team to complete their deliverables while presenting and highlighting pertinent information to key stakeholders.
- Candidate is able to assess and address technical risk based on input of architects and design engineers.
Education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline or other degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project development environment.
- 2 years in a team leadership role preferred.
- 2 years of Engineering experience in a mechanical, mechatronics/robotics intensive environment preferred.
- Previous experience within the semiconductor industry or precision engineering field is a plus.
- Proven success in team or task management.
- Experience with continuous development and continuous integration software development.
- Experience with software delivery process.
- Background working with software customers is a plus.
- Understanding of agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with Git or ClearCase source control management for software.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Good planning and analytical skills, ability to work well in multidiscipline teams.
- Able to drive to successful completion of tasks.
- Takes initiative by showing strong ownership and commitment.
- Clear decision maker and well-organized.
- Ability to drive decision making between multiple engineering disciplines.
- Ability to multitask and make quick priority calls on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires an onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, training and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.