You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is a Dutch, innovative high-tech company. ASML is one of the most important manufacturers of machines that are often used in the making of chips. At the moment, there is a worldwide shortage of chips, which means that technological developments worldwide come to an abrupt halt. The continued production of ASML machines is therefore essential for technological developments.
The Twinscan Factory (TF) is responsible for the production of ASML lithography systems including planning and logistics. A place where we strive to be the role model Lean Factory where quality comes first but where safety goes before all.
Within this sector ASML Motion is responsible for production and qualification of complex litho specific linear actuators for the ASML Litho System (XT, NXT, NXE, EXE). These systems are built and delivered to customer requirement, in time and at the right quality. To reach these goals we use the full capability and knowledge of our employees empowering them to excel in their jobs, work as a team and improve every day.
Do you want to be part of our dynamic and innovating working environment and lead a logistical team to further strengthen our manufacturing process? We might be looking for you!
The Manager Production is responsible for managing one of the two production departments within ASML Motion, consisting of various assembly and qualification workcenters / teams.
In this role the Manager should primarily focus on meeting all internal and external customer demands. He/she is end-to-end responsible for all manufacturing processes within the ASML Motion organization, to secure output, maintain stock levels and realize timely delivery to the customer. These objectives must be met while simultaneously focusing on quality of products & cost effectiveness and of course safety for all employees.
This role requires him or her to lead by example. Inspire, develop and coach the people within the teams. Manage the relationship with all relevant internal and external stakeholders and optimize processes to focus on continuous improvement & added value. Leading the change by supporting the implementation of the Lean transformation roadmap, as well as initiation/roll out of structural improvement projects is an integral part of that task.
In the role, the task is to lead and inspire a (natural) team consisting of different competencies assuring cooperation within Motion and with other ASML relevant departments. With this Natural Team you ensure timely delivery against the requested demand and control the production process.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage and control one of the Motion production departments (owner of the primary process), by ensuring all the resources required, priority setting and by driving problem solving;
- Ensure on time delivery for all customers (ASML factories worldwide); maintain a steady work flow while facing heavily fluctuating demands from customers;
- People management development to ensure department flexibility and high quality standards of work. Including selection, development, goal setting and performance management. Ensure overall high level of engagement;
- (Co-)Develop long term strategy for Motion and ensure resource availability for the long term (space, materials, manpower);
- Driving production related escalations internally and externally to secure Delivery and Quality of product and process. Set direction and priorities to supporting departments. Assure the set-up of escalation meetings and drives towards a desirable outcome on higher management level;
- Manage production activities over multiple ASML Motion locations;
- Develop the production leadership team and the individual team members. With this, ensure flexibility, knowledge and capacity within team;
- Run KPI’s on performance and initiate structural improvements where necessary;
- Supporting and leading continuous improvement projects within the organization to increase performance;
- You meet agreed production targets within following target area’s (people, safety, quality, on time delivery, customer satisfaction, costs and flexibility).
- Reports toASML Motion General Manager;
- Part of the ASML Motion Staff (determining the strategy/direction of ASML Motion);
- Hierarchically leading/coachinga team of production team leads and group leads;
- Leads a Natural Team leadership team (non-hierarchical) consisting of multiple competencies; Production, Engineering, Quality, Logistics in order to steer day to day operations;
- Daily contact and close cooperation with Motion managers, Engineering, Logistics, Quality and Program as well as with direct customers (ASML Factories worldwide);
- Interfacing with various stakeholders within ASML like; Production managers and program managers of ASML factories, Supply chain, Sourcing, ASML higher management;
- Dynamics; adapt to continuous change and introduction of new products & processes and support product development.
6 direct reports
75 indirect reports
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master Degree, BSc or MSc (e.g. Engineering, (Production) Management, Business Administration, or Supply Chain).
- Experience as a manager;
- Experience in production management in an operational environment;
- Experience in a complex working environment;
- Experience in Lean or Continuous Improvement (operational excellence);
- Strategical thinker, Operationally pragmatic;
- Languages: Dutch and English.
- ASML experience and network;
- Understanding of the ASML business needs;
- Manufacturing operations management experience;
- Basic financial understanding.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are a team builder and team player with good social skills;
- You are analytical, structured, persistent in acting on available information;
- Able to deal with, or even enjoy, high degree of uncertainty and pressure;
- Able to enthusiasm colleagues about Lean thinking as a business necessity;
- Leadership skills, result orientation, acting in a changing environment;
- Good networking skills, able to work at multiple levels of the organization, from team member on the shop floor to senior managers.
- Good communicator who can inspire not only the logistical team but also all other disciplines of the natural team (Quality, Production Engineering, Logistics etc.).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Full-time position available;
- Day shift;
- Good working conditions; attractive salary, 8% holiday pay, 13thmonth, allowances, good pension, 27 vacation days (and 13 ADV days in the day shift);
- Unique and challenging work;
- Excellent guidance by experienced colleagues from the profession;
- A work environment with an open culture where results are achieved;
- Training to upgrade your skills and development opportunities.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.