You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00243591-956
Senior Buyer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Does building and maintaining sustainable relationships with suppliers while execution all (operational) procurement activities energize you? We are further professionalizing our Supplier Operations department and would like to welcome an enthusiastic Tactical Buyer with a proven commercial track record and the motivation to make a difference in our organization.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
You will independently manage the operational procurement process for multiple suppliers and Sourcing Lead. To prepare and oversee supplier negotiations including tactics, spend base analysis, script, dry-run and orchestrating stakeholders involved as well as all contract details.
Your focus is on operational execution and timely availability of required materials within boundary conditions. Next, is to manage day-to-day contact with our suppliers (including owning agenda of interactions) and track all communication for full transparency.
- (Operationally) manage suppliers.
- Actively manage your stakeholders at ASML.
- Build, maintain and extend a sustainable relationship within Procurement, Logistics, Suppliers and Engineers.
- Support in solving issues and development needs.
- Translate business and improvements needs towards suppliers.
- Provide reports on performance and planning.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.(Degree in Supply Chain Management, International Business, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Finance preferred) or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years experience in a procurement/sourcing or commercial (related) role, ideally in a technical industry.
- Experience with Requisition to Pay.
- Experience with Total Cost of Ownership
- Experience with Supplier Relationship Management.
- Experience with new product introduction.
- Experience with supplier contracting.
- Experience with supply chain processes.
- Commercial experience (E.g. sales).
- Excellent professional communication in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to identify and structure opportunities independently.
- Assertive, proactive problem solving skills and driving improvements.
- Ensuring accountability.
- Strong planning and alignment skills.
- Ability to deal with resistance and organizational changes.
Social and communication skills:
- Stakeholder management.
- Customer focus.
- Persuasion skills.
- Collaboration; team player orientation.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Time/priority management skill.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.