You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
IT Security Specialist
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
We at ASML enable groundbreaking technology to solve some of humanity’s toughest challenges. Together with our partners, we provide leading patterning solutions that drive the advancement of microchips. Would you like to contribute by having security embedded in the processes and Information Technology?
Currently we are looking for a talented candidate who would like to work with an amazing multicultural team of Security professionals, would like to work on cool projects, and collaborate with a group of experts. Technology Security experts think ahead and possess the best skillset for their role. Are you one of the most talented and creative minds? If yes, please apply for this role and be a Security Champion for ASML!
Role and responsibilities
As a IT Security Specialist you are part of the Technology Security Competence Center (TSCC) which is part of the Risk & Business Assurance (R&BA) department of ASML Corporate.
Within TSCC you will be responsible for second line activities, this based on the 3 lines of defence. Also described in the job description below.
You will be interacting with stakeholders on different levels in ASML IT, but also within ASML sectors.
In this role you will also be participating in PI events and as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) involved in the Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
SAP technology plays a key role in the security assessments. Experience with security on a wide range of SAP applications is a plus in this role.
The role is contributing in the protection of ASML’s information, Intellectual Property (IP) and assets, and that of ASML’s customers and suppliers for the scope of the projected solution. This includes the alignment of the solution with ASML Information Security strategies and security policies/standards/guidelines, and where necessary suggesting additions and improvement to standards.
As IT Security Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Verifying the correct actions set and done on security risk findings, this relating to solving, mitigating or acceptance of these security risk findings;
- Verifying the timeliness of these actions on security risk findings, so on track and within time allotted;
- Verifying of, and reporting on, the completeness of these actions on security risk findings;
- Verifying the correctness and effectiveness of all the different security engagements processes;
- Verifying the correctness of 3rd party contracts;
- Monitoring the performance and quality of our BCM process;
- Maintaining of security controls based on risk assessments;
- Providing risk and compliance oversight, this by creating and maintaining frameworks, policies, standards and baselines;
- Providing guidance and oversight for the first line of defense;
- Proactively testing and monitoring high risk areas to ensure policy, procedures and processes implemented by the first line are working as intended to comply with rules and regulations;
- Fostering relations between the first and third line of defense;
- Acting as a delegate for internal audit;
- Reporting towards the board and senior management;
- Giving advice on security improvements and additional controls;
Education and experience
- Valid industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM and/or CISA are a plus;
- CCSP or equivalent is a plus;
- Security/Technical/IT/informatics background bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- Min 6+ years professional experience with a focus on IT applications / information security, risk and compliance;
- Experience in executing Threat and Vulnerability Analysis (TVA) or IT Security risk assessments on IT services and applications;
- Experience with a wide range of SAP applications is a plus;
- Experience with Cloud security and 3rd party management;
- Experience in collecting information through research and interviews;
- Good working knowledge of Office suite applications like Excel, SharePoint and Teams.
- Deep Knowledge of current security technologies and governance processes;
- IT audit experience is a plus;
- In-depth working knowledge of IT Risk / security frameworks and best practices, such as: NIST Cyber , security, framework,ISF Standard of Good Practice for Information Security, NIST SP 800 30 framework, ISO 27001/2 framework,
- Knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to operate independently/with minimal supervision, self-starter;
- Comfortable in starting up a number of projects at the same time, but also taking responsibility for finishing tasks
- Ability to interact with all levels including users, engineers, executives and senior managers;
- Analytical, precise, tenacious, autonomous;
- Knowledge of IT-security, Information Security and Architecture methodology;
- Ability to overcome organizational resistance;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments;
- Able to manage large amounts of new information quickly; grasp the deep technical characteristics of new environments; draft clear and concise visualizations of complex processes and environments, stand your ground in a flexible / changing environment
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.