You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Computer science & software engineering
Other technical job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering, Other technical job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML and its subsidiaries, including Cymer Light Source (CLS), are critically dependent on their ability to leverage transactional and equipment data from our deployed products, internal business systems and applications, from suppliers, and from customers to run, optimize, and improve our business operations and services.The processing, enrichment, and consumption of this data is essential to improve business processes, drive operational performance improvements and continuously increase efficiencies in products, customer service and business operations.
The scrum master for CLS Data and Analytics will support one or more Agile scrum teams focused on operational and advanced analytics, data services, and/or data management and visualization platforms. You will support product owners, DevOps team resources, business stakeholders, and external consultants in delivering high quality, timely releases of a broad range of data and analytics features and solutions. The scrum master is a servant leader and coach for Agile teams who trains Agile teams on Scrum practices, facilitates scrum events and continuously stimulates the team to improve to become highly autonomous, empowered, and motivated.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access.
Role and responsibilities
The selected candidate will be part of the ASML IT Solution Delivery Analytics US team and is responsible for supporting one or more Agile scrum teams working on Cymer Light Source enterprise / business process data landscape (including data repositories, data pipelines, applications, analytics, etc.) in order to support, maintain, and improve business operations and processes dependent on the CLS information management landscape.As a scrum master, the selected candidate will support, coordinate, motivate, and coach team members to deliver high quality features and to embrace an agile mindset of team accountability, empowerment, and continuous improvement and learning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with your product owner and use Jira and Jira Align to organize work into Epics, Features, and Stories.
- Schedule and facilitate Agile scrum team rituals (daily standup, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demo/retro, etc.).
- Support and contribute to SAFe Planning Iteration (PI) activities and tracking.
- Arrange and publish iteration (sprint) schedules.
- Track and report iteration (sprint) status and team metrics to ensure optimal and sustainable work flow and quality.
- Raise attention to and resolve or escalate team impediments to progress.
- Coach team members on Agile methodology principles as appropriate for the environment.
ASML is a crucial player in a fast moving semiconductor industry which means change is a constant. You will work with your team to capture the constant and dynamic refinement of business priorities and data & analytics user stories. You are looked upon, and rewarded for, being able constantly switch between business value and technical implementation. Together with your team you will work constantly to drive ASML’s ambition by building a modern Data & Analytics platform and data foundation, using modern DevOps and Cloud components and leveraging the Agile mindset fully.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Data Analytics or equivalent technical domain preferred.
- Agile Scrum Master or PMP certification required; SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in software development or IT solution delivery teams.
- Minimum 2 years as a scrum master for analytics products or IT solution delivery teams.
- Proven expertise in supporting and managing scrum teams working in enterprise and dynamic environments.
- Experience in supporting data and analytics scrum teams and leverage key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to improve team performance.
- Experience in complex products business environment and business domains (Innovation/R&D, Supply chain, Manufacturing, Customer Service); experience with semiconductor industry, discrete high-tech manufacturing, and global supply chain / logistics a plus. Solid understanding of ASML and Cymer environments and business operations a plus.
- Familiar with developing and driving realization of data-centric initiatives, information policy formation, information taxonomy and business data modeling.
- Familiar with enterprise IT systems and processes a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Expert proficiency with Jira and Jira Align.
- Proficient in leading and executing Agile scrum ceremonies.
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral, ability to influence.
- Flexibility with people and teams at various stages in their Agile journey.
- Servant leadership and patient coaching
- Comfortable in addressing large, diverse groups
- Detail oriented, highly organized and transparent
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability. Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Infrequent travel to other office sites in the US and Netherlands is possible. No more than 5%.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- U.S. flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – Hybrid Working Model.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.