You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Competency Engineer - Based in Leixlip, Ireland
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASMLbrings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Role and responsibilities
- Maintenance & repair of the ASML EUV & DUV systems on the Ireland site with primary Focus on Metrology & sensors competency.
- Fab startup support.
- Escalation management and support.
- System performance , availability & continuous improvement activity's.
- Maintain and repair EUV & DUV systems to ensure our requirements for system Availability and Customer product output.
- Own and drive applicable group escalations to resolution.
- Support the Install and qualification of ASML systems on the Ireland Site.
- Document, deliver, and sustain Competency knowledge on site.
- Communicate technical and non-technical information effectively.
- Monitor system performance and drive CIP projects.
Education and experience
- Engineering degree in Mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics or similar field
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical environment.
- Previous knowledge of DUV/EUV Systems a plus.
- Comfort working with and interpreting technical data.
- Intermediate+ level knowledge of Excel.
- Skilled at building clear and concise PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills required, including good time management skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Enjoys working as part of a team and providing actionable information to support business decisions.
- Enjoys work with a regular routine and cadence, but with a variety of subject matter.
- Takes initiative to identify and drive process improvements within their scope.
- Flexible and able to adapt to change.
- Highly self-motivated to drive for improvements.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Comfortable communicating across cultures and geographies to drive for the needs of the local office.
- Strong attention to detail while being able to understand the bigger picture.
- Motivated, reliable self-starter.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Competitive plus Shift Premium
Company Car or Car allowance
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.