You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product Owner for CLS Business Process Data
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML and its subsidiaries, including Cymer Light Source, are critically dependent on their ability to leverage enterprise / business process data from internal business systems and applications, from suppliers, and from customers to run, optimize, and improve our business operations and services.The processing, enrichment, and consumption of this data is essential to improve business processes, drive operational performance improvements and continuously increase efficiencies in customer service and business operations.
The mission of this position is to extend and sustain the Cymer Light Source enterprise / business process data foundation to enable business benefits and improvement that support our business growth and new requirements in business insight, business capabilities, and integration as well as technical data volume, data processing, and trusted data enablement.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The selected candidate will be part of the ASML IT Solution Delivery Analytics US team and is responsible for understanding, prioritizing, and expanding the capabilities of the Cymer Light Source enterprise / business process data landscape (including data repositories, data pipelines, applications, analytics, etc.) in order to support, maintain, and improve business operations and processes dependent on the CLS information management landscape.As a product owner, the selected candidate will connect with multiple business stakeholders to understand, influence, and prioritize data management and analytics improvements and will lead the Agile SCRUM team responsible for the delivery of such improvements.
ASML is a crucial player in a fast moving semiconductor industry which means change is a constant. You will work with your team to capture the constant and dynamic refinement of business priorities and data & analytics user stories. You are looked upon, and rewarded for, being able constantly switch between business value and technical implementation. Together with your team you will work constantly to drive ASML’s ambition by building a modern Data & Analytics platform and data foundation, using modern DevOps and Cloud components and leveraging the Agile mindset fully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the vision of the Cymer Enterprise Business Process data landscape and leads the effort to work with business leaders to identify business capability needs and prioritization.
- Develop a project charter on the business environment and maintain a roadmap. Ensures the team understands the higher level vision to make sure that program backlogs contribute to overall business objectives.
- Maintain strong relationships with specific business stakeholders in order to gain a broad understanding of relevant CLS business processes, industry trends and innovations, and their impact on technology.
- Understand and enable tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Ensures the Program Backlog is visible, maintained, prepared, documented and prioritized.
- Actively participate in relevant Scrum and SAFe rituals and take part in continuous journey toward a more agile organization.
- Develop a business architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Understand the primary business operations of the enterprise and understand the data and analytics linkage to customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Understands how products, operations, systems, and data interoperate within the organization.
- Orchestrate end-to-end business data model needle across the entire CLS enterprise organization, including steering and governing the definition and maintenance of the conceptual, logical and physical end-to-end (product) data model for the full CLS business process landscape (D&E, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Service and Support).
- Ensure solutions developed across organization are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Drive the priority and need for robust, enterprise-grade data pipelines from external and internal data sources into on-premise and on-cloud data targets.
- Strengthen existing data pipelines to improve reliability and availability.
- Strong partner in discussions with solution team system architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments.
- Contribute to the design and implementation to the innovation and improvement of the ASML data foundation.
- Keep abreast with relevant business and IT domains, literature, means and methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical domain.Master’s degree preferred.
- Business Management or Operational Excellence degree or equivalent certificates (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, etc.).
- Agile Scrum Product Owner certification or equivalent training a plus; Agile SAFe Product Owner certificate preferred.
- Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR-P), American Productivity & Quality Center (APQC) certifications a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience leading or improving business operations with data and analytics capabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years leading and working in Agile SCRUM teams as a business owner or a product owner
- Demonstrated expertise driving business process operational excellence through data and analytics capabilities, key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics.
- Demonstrated competence with benefits, design and management of leveraging structured and unstructured data for business operations improvements.
- Demonstrated expertise in complex products business environment and business domains (Innovation/R&D, Supply chain, Manufacturing, Customer Service); experience with semiconductor industry, discrete high-tech manufacturing, and global supply chain / logistics a plus. Solid understanding of ASML and Cymer environments and business operations a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise with developing and driving realization of data-centric initiatives, information policy formation, information taxonomy and business data modeling.
- Demonstrated competence in business domain analysis, data warehousing (design and operations), and database design.
- Working knowledge with enterprise business systems (Oracle EBS, SAP, Agile PLM, etc.).
- Working knowledge and understanding of benefits and positioning of data virtualization.
- Working knowledge of data science, data mining, OLAP programming, database management and programming, business process modeling and analysis.
- Working knowledge of open source or commercial data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, etc.).
- Working knowledge of statistical computing and graphics programming languages.
- Familiar with data governance principles, enterprise data modeling, and data management practices.
- Familiar with model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer success through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Effective team leadership, team-building and communication skills
- Broad, enterprise-wide view of business functions and passion for understanding business strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Ability to recognize and tackle structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Ability to appreciate and apply architectural principles and position innovative ideas to business solutions
- Ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- <10% US regional travel expected
- Occasional (annual) international travel possible
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.