You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
6 days ago - J-00243323-680
Senior Sales Line Manager
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
The Sales Director is responsible for leading an account management team and all aspects of Cymer’s relationship with customers and assigned accounts in a designated region to maximize customer satisfaction and market share potential.Maintain and/or achieve a strategic advantage for Cymer products within a competitive market.This position is a critical member, and operates in a cross-functional, team-based environment.
Role and responsibilities
- Directsaccount management activities within an assigned region.
- Responsible for Cymer’s overallsuccess with the assigned accounts.
- Develops appropriateaccount strategies, working together with account team members.
- Oversees global cross-functionalaccount responsibilities within Cymer.
- Manages account businessessentials including forecast, sales, account margin, product roadmap,warranty and service. Responsible for achievement of revenue and incomingPO target and takes necessary actionimmediately if needed.
- Maintains or increases market share of ourproducts in assigned accounts.
- Promotes our new products and new technology withwell planned strategies to assigned accounts.
- Performs situation analysis andstrategic planning, in keeping with Cymer processes and roadmaps, toincorporate customers’ requirements and Cymer value-added opportunities.
- Ensures that every Cymeremployee’s interactions with accounts support the Strategic Plan.
- Builds & maintainsrelationships with all levels for customers’ decision-maker network (economic,technical, user buyers).
- Understands customers’ culture, product portfolio,competitive position, financial state, investment plan, organizationstructure, key decision makers, installed base, and Cymer competitivestrengths and weaknesses.
- Updatesand communicates account plan on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for Account required operationreview materials to be reported on time.
- Negotiates on behalfof Cymer for pricing, lead-time, new product and etc.
- Analyzes marketshare by gathering information about competitor’s shipments.Obtains accurate information aboutcompetitors, market, and capital spending plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION AND INTERACTION
May manage Managers/Senior Managers. Regularly interacts with senior executives and/or customers. Represents area of responsibility within Cymer and influences others cross-functionally. Detailed knowledge and persuasion skills make Director an effective proxy for area of responsibility to meet with senior executives. Director-level positions may also be justified based on depth/breadth of knowledge/experience required or on the levels of management/customers with which the position must interface.
Strategic, experienced leader. First level executive. Provides strategic direction for the function/ department. Responsible for both strategic planning and tactical execution. May manage a significant sub-function within a broader corporate function, one or more large departments, product portfolio(s), business region(s), or critical customer relationship(s). Translates company objectives into specific functional/ departmental goals and action items, develops functional strategies, and develops guidelines/ procedures to support these strategies in area of responsibility. Develops proposed budgets for VP approval and manages budget once approved. Accountable for all personnel matters within area of responsibility. May have matrixed responsibility for a program or a cross-functional initiative where budget and/or headcount may formally roll up under a different manager.
SCALE AND IMPACT
Responsible for both strategic planning and tactical execution. Manages the budget and associated P&L elements (if applicable) for area of responsibility; may have significant budget responsibility. Decisions directly impact the success of the area of responsibility in meeting key operational goals. Erroneous decisions may have a serious impact on customer satisfaction and/or company success. Accountable for the development and retention of key talent.
Education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyzedata, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphicalformats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with anadvanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to lead and manage teams to successfullymeet their commitments.
- Familiar with new productintroductions, key account management, and working with fieldprofessionals.
- Cross-functional or matrixmanagement experience.
- Professional business manner, appearance, and personal maturity is required.
- Ability to explain to others logically theproblem in order to achieve appropriate understanding and cooperation fromsupporting team.
- Ability to make accurate forecasts and to reconcile results to the forecast.
- Mustbe a self-starter with ambition and initiative, be a team player, and beable to make a good first impression.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent, may require an advanced degree (Master's, PhD), in applicable field or equivalent. Typically has 15+ years of applicable experience and a minimum of 4 years direct supervisory experience. Broad knowledge of all areas within particular function or sub-function. May have depth of knowledge derived from experience in senior non-management and middle management roles. May require high-level understanding of regional laws, customs, markets and sales opportunities for the company’s products.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in sales, account management, marketing, sales promotion, or strategic planning in the semiconductor capital equipment business.
- Front-end semiconductor process technology knowledge.
- Engineeringbackground is preferable.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, theemployee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands tokeyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach,and stretch.
- The employeeis occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employeemay occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The employeemay be required to travel based on business needs.
- Specificvision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can workunder deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate intemperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data,information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situationsand interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) via air and auto atleast 50% of the time.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.