You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
23 days ago - J-00243731-540
Senior Field Service Engineer
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
Scope of the role:
- Is responsible for problem solving on the PAS Scanner and Stepper platform.
- Sphere of influence across sector: inform CS/Operations/Technology and Customer on problem analyses and solutions. Very broad products/functionalities, Operation with influence on organization and continent level and Program.
- Contributes, explanators, advises, supports impact and analyses.
Team and customer interaction:
- Acts as leader in team as replacement of manager. Is responsible for coordination of operation of engineers/team.
- Interfaces with broad range of customer's levels from engineering to engineering and procurement management level.
- Is member of account team.
Specific technical capability:
- Is technically skilled at a high level (L4).
- Knows complete product functionality of the main modules/sub-modules.
- Coordinates multiple interrelated activities within the profession/work area with activities in other departments/work areas.
- Drives, prioritizes and manages issue resolution in extreme Long Downs or escalations.
- Is able to interface with other ASML departments to get information (has a network).
- Drives prioritizing in the planning. Initiates and optimizes new procedures and adjust existing ones.
- Is responsible for solution of all kind of problems.
- Structurally approaches a problem (in terms of "what", "when" and "how" and "with what resources").
Professional interaction in customer environment:
- Identifies and drives design changes to relevant departments.
- Manages the customer relationships; can easily connect to all relevant levels at customer. Has high technical impact to the customer.
- Gives technical presentations to customers.
- Is able to advice and consult the customer on high technical impact topics.
- Is recognized within the CS Field organization as an expert.
Initiates and supports in escalations:
- Has leading role within Customer Support Escalation process. Can take up role as an Escalation coordinator.
- Takes up interfacing role to other ASML departments (e.g. IE, ABS, NPI, GSC).
Education and experience
- BS in engineering (preferably electrical), or equivalent experience.
- Field Service Engineer experience in Semi-Conductor Manufacturing.
- Military experience in equipment maintenance (Air Force/Navy).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in shifts/mostly located at customer site. Provides remote assistance to other sites. Travel required within the California Region (5-10%).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.