You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00244026-315
Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Sourcing & Supply Chain
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Customer Supply Chain is responsible for all customer supply chain activities (machines deliveries, upgrades at customer sites, spare parts management), inbound and outbound flows to and from the factories. Within Customer Supply Chain department, Upgrades & Install is responsible for planning and outbound execution of machines, upgrades, spares and tools to local warehouses and customer fabs. The holder of this position reports to the US West Regional Manager. Strong interfaces with other CSCM departments, ASML Factories, Central Planning, Field offices and Customer Service departments will be required.
ASML has an industry-leading supply-chain management organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. SCM (GLS) plans up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So SCM (GLS) must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely with our technical departments and customers, and actively managing an extensive supplier base. With over 400 highly educated and motivated people, SCM (GLS) has been awarded the best logistic company of the Netherlands award in 2013.
ASML’s supply chain department is continuously aiming to better serve ASML’s customers, by, for example, providing complex upgrade services at the site of our customers. During these events (a significant) part of the machine is replaced by modules that allow for e.g., increased output and enhanced specifications. These on-site upgrade activities create extremely demanding requirements for the supply chain processes, driven by the sensitivity of the parts (cleanroom handling only), the strict needs to minimize machine downtime and the constantly changing specifications of machines. Goal is to establish a true “field factory” set-up that allows the engineers to perform the installation with maximum efficiency and minimum downtime. All these processes ultimately enable ASML’s customers such as Intel and Samsung to continue improving the performance of the laptops, tablets and smartphones that we all use.
Seeking someone, in working for a leading edge, high tech equipment manufacturer within the semiconductor industry, who desires a challenge and demonstrates leadership capabilities. ASML is looking for a very ambitious talent who can play a crucial role in the supply chain processes related to ASML’s newest cutting-edge machines. You will prepare and manage the customer supply chain of upgrades and installs close to/in the factory of ASML’s customers.
The mission of this position is to ensure successful delivery of all supply-chain requirements for all upgrade- and installation events in the region. Contribute to the project team to ensure that the high-tech materials and modules are delivered on-time, on-spec and at the right quality at the customer site. Meet the delivery requirements that have been agreed with the customers and ASMLs engineering team. In between install and upgrade events: initiate and drive continuous improvement to optimize supply chain costs.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop, drive and execute Demand & Supply planning to ensure on-time and complete material-availability at customer site against norms.
- Drive competence and standardization within the Customer Supply Chain roadmap for EUV Upgrades & Installs.
- Manage critical stakeholders: Project-leads, Engineering-teams and Account teams.
- Development of operational plan to support the install or upgrade in the field material demand & supply, manpower and resources, local constraints and infrastructure.
- Execution of the plan and drive Monitor, evaluate and report performance KPI’s with all stakeholders and identify, initiate & drive improvements.
- Work closely together with 3PL & In-Fab Logistics team to manage all material-flows to, from and inside customer-factory.
Education and experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. Industrial Engineering & Management Science, Business Administration, Supply chain or Engineering) required, or equivalent experience.
- Preferable Master's Degree.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a large international company (industry), ideally Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations or Procurement background.
- Knowledge of business complexity, supply chain and/or relevant industry.
- Proven record on (continuous) improvement-projects.
- Know how about Materials Requirement Planning (MRP).
- Excellent professional communication in English.
- SAP knowledge and advanced Excel & PowerPoint-skills are a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Leadership skills, drive for results, act under high pressure.
- Result oriented team player, convincing, pro-active and “can do” mentality, flexible and highly committed.
- Cultural awareness.
- Very ambitious talent with a proven track record relevant for this position.
- Pragmatic/hands-on mentality.
- Able to handle and work under extreme pressures and timelines.
- A tactical thinker with strong interpersonal and communication skills, decision making skills, change management skills, people management skills and project management skills.
- Analytical and able to organize and prioritize workload.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs (Domestic/International) 25-30%.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Remain flexible in providing after hours support, as needed.
This position is reporting to the CSCM US EUV Regional Planning GL, located in Hillsboro office.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.