You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Lead Product Lifecycle Management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
PLM enables concurrent engineering and co-manage the product lifecycle of all ASML products towards a lean supply chain. For our Business Lines, with Development & Engineering and Supply Chain Partners, we manage SC requirements, the introduction and phase out of products, complex parts, engineering changes, related material availability and changes in infrastructure.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Proactively plan and organize the staffing of the group of PLM project coordinators and ensure the optimal use of capacity in the group. Allocate project coordinators to the development projects to ensure material availability for proto, pilot and system build.
- Execute coaching and (career) development of all team members.
- Develop talents within our organization to strengthen our organization.
- Execute annual performance target setting, mid-year review and end of year appraisal (permanent and flex staff).
- Define competence roadmaps, assess (hard and soft) skill gaps and define and execute skill development.
- Organize and continuously improve an effective and efficient materials management process to ensure availability of new buy materials (from proto to release for volume, and includes implementation of automation/IT opportunities to drive efficiency).
- Ensure and continuously improve an effective and efficient logistics engineering change process that enables controlled introduction of changes within Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Customer installed base.
- Contribute to the further development of the Product Lifecycle Management department as part of Supply Chain Management. Take part in or lead initiatives or improvement projects on both levels of the organization.
Education and experience
- MSc or equivalent experience.
- Work experience of more than 7 years of which more than 2 years in new product introductions.
- Experience in planning and logistics processes in a high-tech, low-volume environment.
- Experience as a project engineer in a high-tech, low volume environment (e.g. Supply Chain Engineering, Production Engineering).
- Experience in process development and IT related automation of processes.
- Experience in driving change.
- Affinity with a technical environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Assertive, proactive problem solver.
- Analytical, structure and organizational skills.
- Team player. Good social and communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.