You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
29 days ago - J-00242521-395
Senior Optical Sensing Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML’s YieldStar Sensor Group in Wilton CT is seeking a Physicist/Engineer with preference to optical engineering to support and develop optical/photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical and electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing software functioning as a key sub-system in ASML optical metrology tool. Understanding the components in their relation to the sensor system and understanding the interaction with the rest of the metrology tool and the measurement process is of fundamental importance.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The activity in this job will involve contribution for the design and realization of complex optical sensors in the following areas:
- Based on system requirement, contribute to design solutions and trade-offs.
- Take ownership of the detailed design activity of part of the system.
- Contribute to tolerancing and arrow budgeting activities.
- Contribute to alignment and build sequence development of optical system.
- Contribute to the qualification of the optical system.
- The candidate must have clear technical communication and presentation.
Education and experience
- Degree in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on optical system and technology, or equivalent experience.
- With Ph.D., no additional experience required, Master's degree with 1 year experience, Bachelor's degree with 3 year experience.
- Experience working on complex optical sensor design and realization.
- Designing and tolerancing optical systems using tools such as: CODEV, ZEMAX and FRED.
- Aligning optical system.
- Data processing and analysis to debug and identify performance issues in optical systems.
- Metrology and Test stand design and build.
- Deep expertise with some areas of optical devices and technologies: objectives, collimation and relay optics, fibers, beam splitters and coatings, light sources, cameras and detectors, polarization devices.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs. Nominal travel might be required (~15%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Onsite presence in Wilton, CT campus required. This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.