You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you up to the challenge of joining our strategic sourcing team which operates in a highly complex, dynamic business environment and do you have experience with sourcing strategies for our direct categories like Machined Ceramics and Glass (examples: Wafer Tables, EUV Clamps, Mirror/Encoder blocks and Chucks) in a demanding industry where ASML is in and do you have a technical education background? If so, then we should talk!
Role and responsibilities
As a Sourcing Lead you will drive and execute supplier development as well as the commercial relationships with suppliers within a cluster of strategic suppliers.
- Co-develop vision and targets of supplier landscape by pursuing critical technology roadmap and product roadmap in collaboration with category manager while considering regional needs;
- Negotiate (NPI-) contracts and represent Sourcing in complex internal projects;
- Co-define and execute category strategy and strategic actions plans at suppliers.
- Manage day-to-day contact with strategic suppliers (including owning agenda of interactions) and track all communication for full transparency;
- Prepare and oversee supplier negotiations including tactics, spend base analysis, script, dry-run and orchestrating stakeholders involved as well as all contract details;
- Track and formalize (long-term) supplier performance by executing Supplier Profile reviews based on Quality, Technology, Logistics, Cost and Sustainability (QLTCS), identifying gaps, initiating improvement opportunities, developing mitigation measures, and executing Cost of Goods roadmap.
Formal decision making;
- Flag and resolve escalations in time with the category manager in collaboration with other sectors related to supplier performance;
- Head review meetings with the Supplier Account Team;
- Prepare meetings regarding make/buy decisions and supplier selections which can be reviewed up to Executive Management.
Education and experience
Graduate degree in physics, engineering or other technical field preferred.
Minimally 10 years' work experience, ideally in strategic procurement in a technology intensive industry.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to identify and structure issues independently;
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills up to executive level;
- Strong vision of supplier landscape and technology roadmap;
- Strong supplier relationship skills; continuously, but constructively, demanding of suppliers’ performance;
- Ability to build a strong (internal) network;
- Quick to understand a team’s dynamic;
- Ability to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders;
- Willingness to “constructively dissent” and challenge management thinking on key purchasing issues;
- Accurate and able to maintain overview;
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We are currently looking for several new Sourcing Leads to join ASML's S&SC (Sourcing and Supply Chain) department. When applying for this vacancy you will be considered for all positions available within the different functional clusters to find the best possible match.
Interested? Please apply with CV and cover letter detailing your motivation to take on one of these roles.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.