You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00244141-474
Team Lead - Test Engineering (2nd or 3rd Shift)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
We are seeking a senior level individual contributor (Team Lead) who also has the ability to provide day-to-day leadership for assigned engineers to join our EUV System Test and Integration group. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that tests and integrates our EUV systems for Development and Engineering (D&E). Our EUV light source consists of an intricate network of process gases, high power lasers, optics, electronics, mechatronics, and control systems.
This position is formally part of the System Integration and Testing job family. The Team Lead will contribute individually in a Test Engineering capacity, while building a highly functioning EUV Source Test Engineering team. The Team Lead will secure quality in the team’s deliverables as well as perform supervisory and administrative functions for the assigned engineers.
- Performs tests, integration, R&D, upgrades, preventative maintenance, and qualification of EUV systems and their components.
- Uses advanced HW and SW to operate, diagnose, and characterize functionality and performance.
- Ensures team works safely and complies with safety processes and regulations.
- Proactively solves problems through troubleshooting and leveraging available resources.
- Identifies and documents technical system issues and provides input to responsible engineering teams for containment and structural solution.
- Accountable for managing the system configuration using existing process and methodology.
- Together with Group Lead (Manager), leads part of the Proto Engineering team with focus on Test Engineers.
- Conducts routine 1 on 1 performance management and people development meetings with assigned engineers
- Contributes to performance evaluations
- Assists in group roadmap development and execution
- Drives quality of workmanship within the team by monitoring and self-engaging with the team, takes feedback from stakeholders and provides feedback to team members
- Leads lessons learned investigations and improvement initiatives in relation to EUV Source build, operation, upgrades, and decommissioning processes.
- Communicates and aligns with cross functional stakeholders (D&E, R&D, Facilities, Manufacturing, Customer Service) globally (Veldhoven, San Diego, Customer Sites) and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization
- Contributes to hiring, onboarding, training, mentoring, and career development of team members
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external team related meetings with stakeholders
- Manages escalations and ensures all stakeholders are aligned on path forward
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats
- Secures, organizes, and tracks safety trainings, renewals, and qualifications for team
- Contributes to creating and managing the work schedule for the team
- Develops, monitors, and improves internal processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and experience
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or Physics with 4+ years of relevant experience including 3 years of individual contributor experience and 1 year project or people management experience. In absence of a Bachelor’s degree, 8+ years of related experience.
- Preferably has knowledge of electronics, gas and vacuum, mechanical systems, lasers, optics, and control systems.
- Preferably has knowledge of the semiconductor industry and EUV Source.
- Preferably has experience as a direct contributor in a hands-on engineering environment.
- Preferably has experience supervising or managing engineers and technicians.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong engineering and physics fundamentals.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, organized, and resourceful.
- Ability to make decisions based on benefit, risk, time constraints, and opportunity.
- Ability to perform effectively in a demanding, dynamic environment with changing workloads, priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, in verbal, written, and electronic format.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with an advanced understanding of internal/external customer relationship building.
- Ability to lead effective meetings (appropriate audience, agendas, meeting minutes, actions, and follow-through).
- Ability to statistically analyze data, summarize, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to assess and plan staffing requirements for projects (technical or non-technical) with consideration to the qualification and capabilities of staff members
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, SAP, and collaborative software suites.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term project goals and resources.
- Ability to recognize work or process inefficiencies and lead improvement efforts.
- Understanding of escalation management.
- Understanding of product development lifecycle & engineering change control processes and tools.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Travels to Veldhoven NL, and customer sites domestically and internationally as necessary (10% travel)
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.