You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Support Engineer
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Do you like to troubleshoot and do you have strong analytical skills, complimented with a technical / engineering background? Are you challenged by providing quality solutions for technical disturbances? Then our Technical Support department is where you should be! We value mutual respect, teamwork and are proud to troubleshoot and propose improvements on a world class production process while having fun in our jobs.
So, are you in possession of a technical bachelor's or master's degree? Apply now as a Technical Support Engineer. Watch the video to learn more about ASML and the advanced lithography systems we produce: ASML in 1 minute
Role and responsibilities
As a Technical Support Engineer you are responsible to analyze and solve complex technical disturbances at our Deep Ultra-Violet (DUV) systems, with a minimum impact on cycle time. Depending on the nature of the issue it may need an analytical or hands-on approach.
You will deliver first line support during the build of modules, module integration to a system, calibrating, qualifying and installation at the customer site. Because of this end-to-end production process approach you will work in Veldhoven as well as in the field at our customer’s sites (up to ~15%).You will be working in dayshift or 2-shift and every 4 weeks you have to work during the weekend (Sat/Sun 7.00-16.00).
As a Technical Support Engineer, you are:
- Supporting: first line - hands-on and analytical - troubleshoot support for volume production within our factory and third line support for the install organization;
- Troubleshooting: point out structural problems to be solved structurally or to have a countermeasure;
- Controlling KPI’s: monitor the quality and timing of problems and their implementation, including technical realization;
- Transferring knowledge: actively seek and transfer knowledge within Pilot production;
- Cooperating: work closely together with other support departments to secure effective problem analysis and continuity;
- Taking initiative: take the lead by executing plans, undertake the right actions on time;
- Creative: focus on finding more solutions to one problem, and perceive the problem in multiple ways;
- Multitasking: even when multiple tasks are executed at the same time you deliver work with quality and respect delivery deadlines.
Education and experience
To help us tackle the technical challenges we face, we are looking for:
- A technical bachelor's or master's degree in the direction of: Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial Automation;
- Preferably 0-2 years of hands-on experience in a technical production environment;
- Experience with troubleshooting: analyzing problems, finding root-cause and determining solution;
- Knowledge of quality improvement methods;
- Knowledge and experience with (technical) project management;
- Experience in problem analysis of products and processes;
- The following competences: social, initiative, pro-active, flexible, problem solver, team player.
What do we have to offer?
The role of Technical Support Engineer offers a unique and challenging job in which you have many opportunities for career growth. You will receive continuous training to develop your skills. Want to know more? Read ASML’s labor conditions and development opportunities.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. A motivational letter is mandatory: why do you want to work at Technical Support? We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.