You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
27 days ago - J-00243922-329
Manufacturing - NPI Project Leader - Tainan
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you excel in managing and motivating others in technically challenging and complex projects? Do you have the ability to predict problems before they happen? ...And drive solutions! If so, a career as ASML Project Leader in Tainan Manufacturing awaits you.
Role and responsibilities
Your ultimate mission as a MFG Project Leader is to enable the factory to smoothly transition into the volume production of next generation HMI eBeam products.You will approach this mission from three directions: firstly, ensure meticulous pre-proto preparation of all new systems and products. Secondly, ensure that the factory team is fully trained and motivated. And thirdly, ensure that all possible design improvements identified in the previous generation and during the proto phase are accurately fed back to the Development and Engineering (D&E) organization and committed to be solved. This will help realize more reliable and manufacturable designs and ensure that cycle time and cost targets are hit on time. It is, of course, a difficult task and an exciting career for someone motivated by challenges.
As a MFG PL you will prepare the factory for a smooth transition/introduction of some of the most complex machines ever built – the HMI eBeam metrology product from ASML. You will be the key interface between D&E, Product Engineer (PE) and Manufacturing/Work Center.This typically means interfacing with teams in Asia, the Netherlands and the U.S. Your activities can broadly be divided into two types: pro-active preparation of the factory before the roll-out of new systems, and re-active trouble-shooting and damage control after.
• Prepare the industrialization of all new HMI eBeam products, system and Modules, following ASML’s 6P=P process which covers Product, Procedures, People, Plant, Production Tools, and Parts.
• Prepare necessary documentation in order to pass each Key Decision gate check on time. (PGP 2011 process)
• Drive a large D&E (Development and Engineering) organization (10 to 30 separate projects per new product) towards a reliable and manufacturable system design
• Deliver prototypes on time while documenting all the issues to be solved before ramp to volume production.
• Assist to industrialize the proto and/or pilot production, create way of workings and prepare for ramping up and high volume production
• Drive issue resolution process to reach volume product maturity and cost targets
• Ensure output progress in pilot phase, plan for resource, e.g. manpower or qualified parts, for pilot production
• Specify and secure the training needs to enable the manufacturing group to build the systems.
• Feedback knowledge to D&E to ensure system design improvement, maintain the issue resolution escalation channel
• Serve the Production Engineering team and Sustaining Engineering team by making all of the new product requirements explicitly clear and then work with various competence owners to help them secure their deliverables on time
Education and experience
Extensive project management experience (5+ years) in a high-tech equipment industry. Preferably experience in the area of new product introduction or design.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• The ability to influence without power across a global organization to make sure that issues land at the right desk and are committed to a timely solution
• Structured, complete and multicultural communication without fear to speak up in front of unfamiliar audiences
• Understanding of design and assembly and test processes to ensure that you are able to find the right person when you need in-depth expertise and you can validate plans
• Expert planning capabilities to focus on the right level of detail and ensure resources are committed to keep the introduction plan on schedule
• High level of personal flexibility to traveland frequently attend conference calls at inconvenient times to facilitate global connections
• Determination to gather opinions within the manufacturing organization to ensure all voices are heard during the development and ramp up process.
• Work independently and bring clarity to un-clear situations by applying a balance of knowledge, experience and instinct.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.