You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Image Processing and Machine Learning Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
At ASML we use advanced, data-driven algorithms to keep fueling the semiconductor and electronic revolution. If your ambition is to apply your knowledge, personal and leadership skills to very complex algorithmic and metrology challenges, and you feel excited when your solutions lead to successful new products, please read further.
Role and responsibilities
The Business Line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology. These solutions extend and improve the performance of lithography products for the semiconductor industry. The open position is located in a group within Development & Engineering (D&E), which is responsible for the specification, design and development of new ASML products.
Within D&E Applications, the Image Processing & Machine Learning Group covers the development of novel metrology methods across applications, leveraging numerical data-driven methods and physics knowledge. Relevant new metrics, machine learning algorithms, as well as new measurement functions, with optimum performance characteristics using the raw acquisitions are identified, designed and implemented.
Positioned between research and product development, the group contributes to the invention of new ASML methods, provides state-of-the-art expertise, and secures the Image Processing and Machine Learning competence.
- Drive and propose machine-learning models and strategies, image processing algorithms, and calibrations which enable and improve optical semiconductor metrology beyond the resolution limit.
- Implement machine learning and deep learning metrology applications, with a mindset for scalable data-intensive and distributed software architectures, at the interface with colleague data science, functional and software groups.
- Design and realize fully functional end-to-end subsystems on the edge of system specifications, costs and project planning, thereby contributing directly to products for customers world-wid.
- Act as senior engineer, guiding R&D of state-of-the-art methods at the intersection of metrology data and physical knowledge, and coach junior team members.
- Collaborate with the ASML Research department and on-product applications groups to actively contribute to the invention of new ASML products.
- Contribute to the technical and competence roadmaps for Image Processing and Machine Learning across ASML.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in your field of expertise.
- Generate patents protecting ASML products.
Education and experience
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or Physics.
- 5-8 years’ experience in Image or Signal Processing and Machine learning.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills
- Affinity with geometric and wave optics, electromagnetic simulations, photonics, or microscopy.
- Ability to explain complex physical models and algorithms in a crisp way, without omitting the essentials.
- Drive creative solutions with the product and customer in mind.
- Decisive and self-initiating in an ambiguous environment.
- Pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude, with result focus and a ‘can do’ spirit.
- Fluency in the languages Python, Julia, MATLAB, or C++, and awareness of compatibility with other software’s.
- Drive for structuring the scripting code base in the cluster, and be energized by helping colleagues.
- Affinity with data-intensive and distributed software architecture (cloud) as environment for metrology applications.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is open in the YieldStar Algorithms and Image Processing group, which is uniquely positioned between Research and product development and has the task to contribute to the creation of innovative concepts and products for ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Keywords - Image and signal processing, machine learning, geometric and wave optics, electromagnetics, simulations, photonics, microscopy, computational imaging, parameter inference, inverse problems, numerical methods, high performance computing, cloud computing, distributed computing, deep learning.