You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
18 days ago - J-00244550-130
Applications Engineering Line Manager
In a nutshell
Boise - ID, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon. The holder of this position will be based in ASML Boise (ID, USA), reporting directly to the Director US Applications.
Applications Engineering-Creating Tomorrow’s Value: We proactively enable business development and drive customer adoption of a tailored portfolio of sustainable ASML solutions by applying our industry product and process knowledge in a collaborative learning environment. Our customers are moving further in holistic lithography, increasing the footprint for scanner, metrology, and process control solutions.
As Apps Manager, you will set the direction for the applications team. In close collaboration with the business lines and account teams you translate the commercial strategies and customer needs into operational execution for your teams. As a highly skilled communicator, you represent the Voice of Customer into ASML, and act as key apps management interface towards customer and headquarters. With your team you ensure technical excellence in the execution, and oversee the integration of NPI introduction projects into volume sustaining support. You operate in the Customer Support field segment, and collaborate with applications peers in the region and across the globe to develop and implement best practices with your teams. With your equipment peers on site you establish a close-knit OneTeam approach. Talent development is high on your agenda, and you are able to guide and coach engineers and projects leads into accelerated careers.
Some manage the store, others build it into a franchise... I’m looking for an experienced Applications Manager that fits the 2nd category. A leader that seamlessly blends people leadership and business leadership together. A multiplier who drives talent development and technology adoption with our customer forward. A self-driven and eager person who wants to grow beyond the role, and is in need of a next challenge.
You’ll be responsible for the Customer Support Applications team of ~20 highly skilled engineers and support two of our key customers in the USA: Micron and TI. You own the application side for DUV lithography, EUV lithography, YieldStar metrology, and lithography Control Loops. Anything beyond the pure hardware and software of Customer Support. From on-product value demonstration and node insertion of new products & features to delivering sustaining support on mature process nodes. From people development to team building. From strategic collaboration with co-stakeholders to realizing the Voice of the Customer and ASML success. A high-profile job that enables you to enhance your career within ASML.
If you believe you are a match to the required personality and have a demonstrated capability in semiconductor or closely related, come join us in my staff of five managers. The job is Boise based, however those attracted but unable to move to Boise short-term, are invited to connect with us as well, as we’re having a few comparable leadership positions in our other locations now or in short future.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- This is a position that will require strong ownership, care for quality, a strong customer intimacy and communication, and the ability to bring different segments together at ASML and at customer. Our employees are curious, driven, open to new ways of thinking and creative problem solvers. As an Apps Manager you are strongly demonstrating the 3 core cultural values of Challenge, Collaborate, and Care. You drive your own and ASML’s success.
- You have an open mind for new developments and trends also related to areas beyond own expertise and deduces recommendations for improvements; support continuous improvement initiatives. Your mindset goes beyond your own organization in order to leverage new insights and take on a holistic perspective on issues.
- You communicate clearly, concisely and directly to peers and customers as well as managers, listens actively, shows empathy in dealing with others and strives to achieve a shared understanding of own and others' tasks, issues and goals. You remain persistent and follow up on issues until problems are solved, even beyond own area of responsibility in order to meet customer needs.
- Ensure short to long term ASML business success in the field of on-product usage of ASML solutions through understanding of customer needs and technology changes. You develop an in-depth understanding of customer business objectives and targets and translate this with the ASML commercial strategy into an operational execution. The job includes working together with various levels of professionals, such as Product Development Managers, System Engineers and Projects Leads in Veldhoven, as well as Application Managers, Project Leads, Equipment Engineers, and Account Teams in the field.
- Lead the local apps team from ramp to volume of a new fab-startup and transit from NPI to Sustaining support.
- Support the organization to set and exceed customer agreements and expectations.
- Lead the local apps team thru its’ growth and execute account on-product applications strategy into operations.
- Define the sustaining needs for large-scale HVM Apps fab support in US and drive the implementation.
- Lead the local apps organization by establishing strategic and intimate relations with your customer and peers.
- Establish operational reviews internally and towards your customer.
- Coach and manage internal talents, team leads, and project leads to accelerate their growth and execute succession planning.
- Define improved ways of working, and technical containments & solutions to make your customer successful.
- Contribute your knowledge of customer technology and manufacturing to the success of ASML and your customer.
- Identify potential for revenue generation and promote/evaluate ASML solutions at the customer.
- Drive implementation of the US Apps and WW Apps Engineering community’s vision, mission & departmental initiatives.
Education and experience
- MSc or PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanics, Mathematics or a similar engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in an IC manufacturing environment or comparable high-tech.
- Minimum of 3 years in leadership positions.
- Strong technical background on lithography, patterning, on-product metrology or comparable high-tech.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Recognized industry professional with broad understanding, and eagerness to continuous learning.
- Ability to manage stakeholders, and build bridges across disciplines, both on an executive level and expert level.
- Respected internally/externally for customer/product and industry knowledge.
- Stays focused in highly demanding circumstances and maintains personal effectiveness despite barriers, set-backs or in situations of high uncertainty; proactively adapts plans and behaviors to remain flexible and open to change.
- Involves self in issues; is proactive and takes initiative even beyond own area of expertise.
- Is able to inspire changes in thinking in a dynamic multi-cultural, cross functional environment.
- Skilled in coaching and developing technical experts and team leads.
- Proven track record in project program management on both detailed technical and high level abstraction level.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Travel regionally and internationally may be required dependent on business needs (up to 30%).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.