You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Change Management Specialist
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Introduction to the job
Change Management process engineer coordinates the Change Order redlines with engineering and implementation team to support the company business. Defines and maintains the Change Order Plan. Coordinates the interaction between Engineering, Manufacturing, Field Operations, Logistics, Procurement, Program. This position will perform screening of engineering redlines, identifying necessary implementation planning approvers and collecting deliverables so that Change Orders can be planned and committed to reduce CO aging, improve 1st time right and achieve commitment for CO closure. Will need to develop necessary workflow steps and facilitate change orders through Product Lifecycle Management tool
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Creates weekly agenda and hosts change control meeting for new CO’s with redlines completed
- Responsible to identify deliverables and approvers for completion of deliverable set-up before scheduling CAD
- Reviews and directs change plan with responsible engineer for proper sequencing
- Defines and documents implementation plan based on review of program requirements and process standards
- Maintains metrics of Change Orders in Redline Review and committed change order completion tracking
- Delivers training to process owners on proper document structure and document control tools usage.
- Assists owners in development of appropriate change documentation.
- Assures document structure guidelines and definitions are consistently applied across the company.
- Validates the change deliverables meet applicable Cymer Documentation Standards
- Identifies and assists in the creation or modification of departmental processes
- Identifies standard process routings in PLM (AGILE) and ERP (Oracle) to meet the requirements of the change process
- Ensures compliance with the product change processes during all phases of new product development.
- Identifies and assists in the creation or modification of change processes for released products and new product development.
- Reports metrics (status accounting) of product changes in process.
- Acts as a process mentor to the product change teams for released products and new product development.
- Identifies the Cymer documentation standards to be applied to specific changes based on the products life cycle.
- Validates the change deliverables meet applicable Cymer Standards.
- Ensures product structure (BOM) allows for accurate product definition.
- Trains users in the use of the Agile PLM tool.
- Trains users in the use of the changes processes used to define Cymer products.
- Monitors incoming COs for completeness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with computer software.
- A minimum of six (6) years experience in configuration management, or data entry systems.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a manufacturing industry within a configuration and change management or manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Must have experience with Agile, PLM tool.
- Must have excellent organizational, meeting, and multi tasking skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Must exhibit strong attention to detail, sound judgment, and ability to work under time pressure.
- Must exhibit excellent training skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in defining business system documentation requirements and assisting IT in selection and evaluation of candidate tools.
- Must exhibit excellent team skills, as both leader and participant.
- Must exhibit good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must understand be able to identify typical requirements of the various organizational functions (i.e. Manufacturing, Field Service, Purchasing, and Marketing) for new product design as well as production products.
- Must possess a through understanding of documentation standards, product structures (BOM’s) and their interaction with MRP/ERP/PLM systems.
- Must have strong skills/experience in new product development and new product introduction process. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.