You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Customer Quality Mgr-Manufacturing -Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking a Customer Focus Quality Manager to join the factory quality team here in Wilton Connecticut. The Customer Focus team is part of the Quality department within the Operational Excellence and Wilton Operations organization. This person will manage a team of quality professionals who handle customer issues and audit activities (internal and external) relating to the Wilton factory.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
This is an outstanding opportunity in our Wilton, Connecticut facility to join our Quality Team. In this position you will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Manage a team of quality professionals who support resolution of internal and external customer issues using structured problem solving techniques.
- Coordinate and act as a champion for all external customer audits, ISO9001 assessments and internal audits.
- Support monthly ‘Key Performance Indicator’ reporting related to Customer Focus and Factory Quality Department metrics.
- Manage Voice of Customer Initiatives for Wilton Factory.
- Plan and Execute strategy for customer focus team in Wilton Factory.
- Occasional travel to Europe, Asia, and within the US depending on business need.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree required.(Business Administration or Engineering preferred), or equivalent experience, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of Quality or Engineering experience in a High-tech manufacturing environment preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience or program managerial experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience with people leadership and development.
- Broad manufacturing knowledge in World-class operations, Lean Manufacturing, Cleanroom standards and procedures with different technologies (e.g. mechanical, optical, electrical).
- ASQ CQE, CMQ/OE or 6 sigma Black belt highly preferred.
- Experience with new product introductions.
- Good knowledge of International Quality Management Standards (e.g. ISO-9001; QS 9000 etc., Sustainability, Environmental Health and Safety).
- Experience in application of quality tools (8-D, SPC, TQM, FMEA, Gauge R&R etc.).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to effectively coach direct team.
- Challenges in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Collaborates within cross sector teams.
- Agile and adaptive in approach when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple project tasks.
- Proactive mindset.
- Effective meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical ability with attention to detail.
- Ability to assess effective root cause and corrective action.
- Project management skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.