You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
26 days ago - J-00244397-562
Supplier Quality Engineer Precision Mechanics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you enjoy mastering the technical complexities of a future precision engineered mechanical module? Would you also enjoy liaising between an ASML development team and an outside supplier – to make sure that what is desired is also what’s technically feasible? and when it’s not, can you take the lead in creating a solution? If so, we would like to meet you.
As supplier quality engineer you will ensure that parts and modules, which our design teams need will be ready and available at the moment we start manufacturing.
You will be involved at the very start of the design and development process – because we need to know months in advance that the performance parts we seek are not only feasible but are virtually 100% guaranteed. You will achieve this certainty not only by aiming at the highest engineering standards from world-leading suppliers, but also by understanding the technical limitations, and where necessary you will drive co-design initiatives and encourage engineers on both sides to seek alternative solutions. It’s a challenging position, but if you enjoy creative problem-solving and motivating others to do the same, then it’s also a highly rewarding job with plenty of pinnacles of satisfaction.
Role and responsibilities
You will be part of ASML’s Development & Engineering sector, which is responsible for driving industrialization into the early design of our products until the product is proven fully qualified for volume production with excellent quality by the supplier.
As supplier quality engineer you'll:
- Contribute to the design phase during the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, give feedback on supply-chain related design choices, and assure early supplier involvement
- Ensure operational excellence at suppliers to lead proven readiness for volume release using structured processes and methods including statistical analysis tools (SPC)
- Ensure that suppliers adopt and use state-of-the-art technology to maximize the performance of our machines
- Take responsibility for all supplier-related documentation during the development process
- Identify and solve structural problems in depth
- Handshaking with your volume-supply chain engineer (SCM) in the beginning of volume production
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master's degree in mechanics or mechatronics.
- Five years of experience in a high tech environment, preferably in Supply Chain Engineering closely linked to precision-mechanical design
- Trained and experienced with quality systems - preferably Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent social and communication skills in English
- Team player, but also independent
- Result driven, planning and prioritizing
- Ready to work in a challenging and dynamic environment
- All above based on solid knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio. Within the D&E sector, the MechanicalDevelopment department is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of mechanical modules and (sub)systems within these products.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.