You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
28 days ago - req43589
Experienced FPGA Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the FPGA firmware embedded in high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline, combined with design experience of FPGA FW systems? We might be looking for you!
We are growing! Regularly new FPGA design engineer positions in different parts of the electrical development cluster (edev) come up (DUV, EUV and Applications), e.g.: Laser Light Generation, Sensor Development, Computer Hardware, Imaging Electronics, Wafer Positioning, eBeam and Yieldstar. Based on the interviews we will define together which group will have the best matching position for you.
Role and responsibilities
As a FPGA Designer you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining FPGA Firmware designs that belong to various board designs for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the electronics designers.
The FPGA Designer is responsible for the following:
• Participate as an FPGA Firmware designer in a multidisciplinary design team.
• Define and document requirements for the FPGA Firmware designs.
• Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions.
• Define, document and execute tests to ensure that the firmware satisfies the requirements.
• Solve IP-block related problems and manage problem resolution during first system integration.
• Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Education and experience
•Education Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
•Experience in the design of programmable logic firmware.
•Experience in the use of the VHDL design language is a strong plus.
•Experience with System Verilog is a plus.
•Technical knowledge of Programmable Logic and digital design in general.
•Basic technical knowledge of electronics is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Highly motivated pro-active team player with good social and communication skills.
• Structured with eye for details and with quality in mind.
• Quality and efficiency focus
• Organizes work effectively and logically
• Ability to convince others of certain design choices based on arguments.
• Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
• Pragmatic attitude.
• Takes ownership in case of issues.
• Fluent English in word and in writing
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.