You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Service Engineer (Cymer) - based in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Cymer Field Service Engineer provides onsite field service support mainly through the performance of installations and deinstallations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital laser equipment and systems. As a Field Service Engineer you troubleshoot either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources. You act as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
Role and responsibilities
As a Cymer Field Service Engineer, you:
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot Cymer equipment problems mostly at the customer site or via telephone;
- Perform installations and de-installations, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites, with a main work basis in Veldhoven;
- Regularly provide assistance, guidance, leadership, and technical assistance to junior or less experienced engineers;
- May serve as site leader for customer;
- Maintain and manage an assigned installation equipment base. This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer;
- Provide service education to customer’s service and operations staff;
- Ensure that parts are available and as specified for service requirements;
- Use company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical emphasis (Electronics, Optics, Mechatronics, Physics);
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job;
- Minimum of two years’ experience is preferred, of which a minimum of one years’ experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment;
- Advanced technical knowledge of electronics;
- Experience performing multiple on-site installations;
- Requires experience using software packages related to computer networking, as well as Oracle;
- You are able to work for 90% of the time in the Cleanroom.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent (English) written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff;
- Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data and take action based on effectively report problems though written and/or graphical representation of data (detailed Post-Mortem Chronological Abstracts, trending analysis, failure statistics, etc.);
- Excellent customer service skills, with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship building;
- Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges;
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system level, while seeking expertise of more senior field service engineers where required;
- Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Expect a dynamic and enthusiastic working environment, where flexibility, drive and initiatives are highly valued. The Field Service Engineer reports to the Site Operations Manager, Field Service. The primary work location is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Please add a personal motivation letter to this application
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.