You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
21 days ago - J-00244567-665
Product Owner - Industrialization & Analytics - EUV Source Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The Industrialization & Analytics team delivers procedures and software solutions that minimize the time required to identify and solve performance related issues of the EUV source.This is achieved by applying the unique system level knowledge within the Source Performance department in the most efficient ways possible.We work closely with IT and other departments to ensure the quality of the data is sufficient to solve complex issues with the EUV source in an efficient way. We develop test software that is deployed on our products that allow end users to qualify performance and pre-disposition error logs into root causes.The team also delivers novel data analysis methods used to identify appropriate control limits for data signals contributing to performance related issues.
The Source Performance Product Owner will be responsible for coordinating the activities of engineers focused on delivering Industrialization & Analytics solutions supporting operation and trouble-shooting of the EUV source. The successful candidate will lead the work of the team mastering complex engineering activities of significant technical depth related to multiple phases of product development.The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the team’s deliverables for ASML and the customer. They steer the team to ensure the deliverables are meeting, if not exceeding, the customers’ expectations. Product Owners take control of the autonomous team that is part of a scaled Agile organization. They are responsible for maximizing the value of their product and the work of the development team.In addition, to be effective in the role candidates must possess interpersonal skills to cross functional boundaries and to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
In addition to the Product Owner responsibilities, the candidate will also contribute directly to the deliverables of the team approximately 50% of their time.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Product Owner is the “middle man” between the customer (program management) and development teams. They often act as mini-CEOs. They ensure business critical and priority features are delivered to meet customer expectations across program increments.
Tangibly, they are Responsible for managing the Product Backlog, which entails, however is not limited to:
- Clearly expressing and prioritizing Product Backlog items to best achieve goals and missions;
- Balancing external business and internal ASML interests in this priority setting;
- Ensuring and reviewing the value of the work the Development Team performs;
- Securing relevant stakeholders are managed and expectations are aligned;
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next;
- Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed to develop and deliver them;
- Is held accountable for all work done and contributed by the Development Team.
Education and experience
- Requires minimum Master’s degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering or science field.
PhD is preferred.
- Hand’s on research is also preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant, work related experience working in a related technical field
- Preferable prior experience of a formal Product Owner in an agile environment (informal is acceptable).
- Previous Leadership/Management skills are necessary
- Good grasp and practice of MVP
- Knowledge of SAFe & Experience of Agile way of working
- Knowledge of Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) & associated tools
- Knowledge and experience of using Agile Lifecycle Management (ALMs) Tools
- Feature Dependency Management
- Prioritization and grooming of features
- Strong product knowledge from a customer usage perspective
- Strong domain knowledge
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under pressure of meeting critical deadlines.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.