You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
20 days ago - J-00244159-668
Quality Supplier Manager
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
As Quality Supplier Manager you are responsible for the Quality Management and Operational performance of a selected number of key suppliers. You are member of a multidisciplinary team that strategically manages these suppliers.
Main focus areas are driving suppliers to a zero defects mindset, enable accelerated learning, perform (business) process improvements optimization and develop the supply chain to a high maturity level.
In addition to being the quality interface between supplier and SNM, the QSM will work with suppliers and ASML stakeholders on finding structural solutions to material quality non conformities, driving business process improvements and managing the feedback loop with ASML stakeholders.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work.
Role and responsibilities
Within SCM SNM, as SCE/QSM you manage your suppliers’ performance on product quality according to specifications and on adherence to various quality agreements. You make sure that your supplier delivers and executes according to existing agreements and if required, you drive changes in the supplier quality management processes to ensure the quality of the product in the future. Using your knowledge in quality management, analytical thinking, professional network and excellent people skills, you will be responsible for the following:
- Quality Assurance: Improve supplier quality performance by driving execution of existing quality agreements and improvement actions by your suppliers, as well as triggering internal actions for changes in product or process design to eliminate Material Notification (MN’s) and Deviation Notifications (DN’s)
- Participate in supplier audits to identify gaps in supplier quality management system against ASML Supplier Profile requirements. You manage the supplier to define and execute Improvement Plans to structurally resolve open items and de-risk the supplier
- Coaching the supplier to use ASML designed systems (e.g. portals)
- Coaching the supplier in processes, procedures, quality tools and techniques to increase supplier maturity level
- Validation and acceptance of product readiness (quality) to be released towards volume operations
- Ensure execution of supplier related issue resolution: MN’s, DN’s, AIR (ASML Issue Resolution)
- Ensure that the definition and execution of Supplier Quality Roadmap is in line with ASML quality performance ambitions
- Leading quality escalations and organizing cross sector teams, including supplier, for solving disturbances in the factory and field, due to material quality
- Represent S&SC in the handover process / transition of new products to volume phase.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, optical, industrial), Supply Chain Management Business Science or equivalent experience.
- Green or Black Belt / Lean Six Sigma experience including tooling (e.g. SPC, FMEA, 8D)
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing or supply chain management in a complex technical environment.
- Experience in managing supplier on quality performance, preferably in complex high-tech / low volume industry
- Experience in quality improvement & operational excellence in manufacturing environment
- Experience in participating and/or leading improvement projects across the supply chain and/or the S&SC organization
- Experience in auditing (ISO 9001:2015 or equivalent), quality tools
- Experience in complex work environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in building and maintaining strategic relations with suppliers
- Deep understanding and experience with Quality Management Systems and Tools
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills, process oriented, business sense and capability to develop vision and strategy
- Excellent communication skills, interfacing and convincing on all levels
- Drive for solutions, result oriented, hands-on mentality
- Pro-active, act under high pressure and thinking out of the box
- Ensures accountability both in the supply chain and at ASML
- Able to collaborate and align across sectors and stakeholders
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.