You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
21 days ago - J-00243652-659
Sourcing & Supply Chain
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Does building and maintaining sustainable relationships with suppliers while execution all (operational) procurement activities energizes you? We are further professionalizing our Supplier Operationsdepartment and would like to welcome an enthusiastic Tactical Buyer with a proven commercial track record and the motivation to make a difference in our organization.
The Supplier Operations department’s mission is to secure material availability at the right cost, right quality and right time for our customers. To realize this mission, we need to set ourselves up for success to navigate the volume ramp, while managing the growing installed base & supply chain complexity in a smarter way. This means that we need to drive both structural step changes and continuous improvements in our core processes at the same time. Your role as Tactical Buyer is to ensure effective and efficient execution of the (operational) procurement activities by for example arranging adequate material supply, resolving operational procurement issues, driving cost down / cost efficiency and ensuring master data control.
You will independently manage the operational procurement process for multiple suppliers and Sourcing Lead. To prepare and oversee supplier negotiations including tactics, spend base analysis, script, dry-run and orchestrating stakeholders involved as well as all contract details.
Your focus is on operational execution and timely availability of required materials within boundary conditions. Next, is to manage day-to-day contact with our suppliers (including owning agenda of interactions) and track all communication for full transparency.
- (Operationally) manage suppliers
- Actively manage your stakeholders at ASML
- Build, maintain and extend a sustainable relationship within Procurement, Logistics, Suppliers and Engineers
- Support in solving issues and development needs
- Translate business and improvements needs towards suppliers
- Provide reports on performance and planning
A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in the direction of Supply Chain Management, (International) Business, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Finance.
- You have 1 to 6 years’ experience in a procurement / sourcing or commercial (related) role, ideally in a technology intensive industry.
It is also considered a pre when affinity with one or more where technical affinity is key;
- Experience with R2P
- Experience with TCO
- Experience with Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience with new product introduction
- Experience with supplier contracting
- Experience with supply chain processes
- Commercial experience (E.g. sales)
- Ability to identify and structure opportunities independently
- Excellent professional communication in English
- Assertive, proactive problem solving skills and driving improvements
- Ensuring accountability
- Strong planning and alignment skills
- Ability to deal with resistance and organizational changes
Social and communication skills:
- Stakeholder management
- Customer focus
- Persuasion skills
- Collaboration; team player orientation
- Able to manage ambiguity
- Time / priority management skill
Context of the position
ASML is a leading provider of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry, employing over 19.000 people in 16 countries. Its success is based on four pillars: technology leadership combined with customer and supplier intimacy, highly efficient manufacturing processes and entrepreneurial people.
Sourcing Operations is part of the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Department and handles all operational activities regarding suppliers. You will be working in a team of Tactical Buyers / Operational Supplier Coordinators and report to a team lead. Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.