You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Within the EUV Factory (EF) the EXE:5000 NPI Execution group is responsible for New Product Introduction, Quality, Cycle-time and Cost reduction of the high-NA systems.
For expansion of our NPI team we are looking for a Project Manager to manage the factory introduction for the following product:
The EXE:5000 is a new platform within the EUV product portfolio. This platform will deliver a High-NA (0.55) product that will enable our customers to go to the next node. Because of the different optics the system size will change significantly, resulting in a new platform in which all production modules will change significantly (compared to NXE).
The challenge of this product is to stay cost efficient and have production Cycle-times that are not exceeding the NXE production cycle-times, although the product becomes bigger in size (1.5 times NXE volume) and more complex. The EXE5000 has started production in Q2-2021 and has 1st shipment planned for H2’2023.
Role and responsibilities
Your job mission is to own the flawless introduction of a specific part of the EXE:5000 in the factory (mini-machine and/or high level production modules), by securing that 1) all pre-conditions are in place to start a build, 2)all issues are found during a build that prevent from flawless execution in volume phase, and 3) that issues are followed-up by the right parties properly, in the end to meet the cycle time specification.
- As the new Sr Project Leader Manufacturing NPI you will become part of a team of Project Leads who are each in charge of parts of the introduction of parts of the new EXE system.
- You will interact on a daily basis with your peers in our Development and Engineering, Supply Chain & Sourcing, and Manufacturing. Typical stakeholders are on the level of PLs, PCMs, PDMs, and (Sr.) Managers Manufacturing. The EUV Factory itself is responsible for the system build and install until Site Acceptance Test at the customer;
- Define, maintain and effectively communicate the production process together with Development;
- Represent the Manufacturing department within the cross-sector product cluster team;
- The delivery of the work preparation (6x=X) is a shared responsibility between Development and Production Engineering. You are accountable to manage the delivery of the complete work preparation package together with Development & Engineering and Customer Support;
- Manage within these tasks the workload, set priorities and assure timely and correct execution of all department tasks, solve bottle necks;
- Drive cycle-times and costs down;
- Direct the process of analyzing the production processes on effectiveness and efficiency, in order to 1) indicate structural problems and drive solving them, 2) guarantee Safety in product and all related production processes, 3) predict the feasibility of production- and product performance, and 4) have input for future design changes leading to Cycle-time or cost reduction.
Education and experience
BSc / MSc technical degree (Industrial engineering / Mechanical / Mechatronics / Electronics / Physics).
- Technical and business knowledge;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in production processes, new product introduction and continuous improvement processes;
- ~5-10 years experience, preferably within ASML.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Business and technical acumen; the ability to translate complexity and ambiguity into a communication that engages main stakeholders;
- Assertive mindset;
- Analytic, structuring persistence on available information;
- Coordinate groups of employees from different levels of education and experience;
- Networking, goal-oriented, flexible and plenty of initiative (pro-active);
- Teamwork, good social skills, service attitude;
- Fluent in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The EUV Factory in Veldhoven is responsible for the production of EUV wafer scanners and is one of the ASML factories. The final integration and qualification of the EUV end product takes place in this factory. There’s a strong connection with the US factories in Wilton and San Diego where production modules are made that need integration in the Veldhoven factory.
Please submit an updated version of your CV and a cover letter stating your motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML in order to be considered.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.