You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
24 days ago - J-00244990-604
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer – Zeiss modules – D&E
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
You, Why, What, …
As Supplier Quality Engineer you are responsible for the delivered supplier parts quality, and therefore, in charge of the full supplier quality interface within the D&E project team.
The position is for one of the complex optical column modules manufactured by the supplier & partner Zeiss.
Why SQE Optical Column?
- Integral part of the module development project, within D&E.
- Consequently, be in the lead for supplier parts quality deliverables & processes.
- Working with our supplier & partner Zeiss.
- Use your broad general technical knowledge and interest.
- The optical column modules are Projection Optics Box (POB), Illuminator (IL) and Collector (Col). Those are complex modules containing a broad spectrum of competences, such as physics, optics, mechanics, mechatronics, electronics, etc.
- High personal impact due to a high amount of freedom and flexibility in your personal way of working.
For this job you like to:
1.Take the lead to organize the full way of working around supplier parts quality:
qualification, process, issue resolution, team alignment, …
2.Be a team player with a strong focus on interpersonal relations.
3.Use your good social skills to build personal relationships:
within the D&E project team, cross-sector ASML stakeholders, and your supplier contacts.
4. Broaden yourself on both leadership skills as well as general technical knowledge.
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest to produce faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. Based on a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce. ASML creates the systems that enable the lithography industry to achieve its goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong support of our suppliers.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) that takes a pivotal role as a linking pin between the ASML D&E development team and the related development team of the supplier, with a primary focus on Parts Quality.
As a SQE in the business line EUV D&E, you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
You build, maintain & develop, at an operational level, a close relation with the supplier to create an optimal engineering collaboration between the supplier and ASML. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the Supplier & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of your cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of NPI parts delivered by our suppliers, to prevent and minimize supplier part related disturbances in the ASML factory and at ASML customers.
Role and responsibilities
Within the D&E project the SQE is the primary responsible to ensure Supplier Parts Quality from our suppliers. Using your broad & general technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities.
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities (incl. other SQE colleagues) within the allocated project.
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, however, also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier development.
- Deliverables that secure Supplier Parts Quality in the ASML product generation process, such as:
Acceptance of the design and/or specification by the supplier
Complete & detailed parts qualification process
Acceptance of qualified parts
Process flow and process failure mode effect analysis
First article inspection
- Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
Configuration & change management
Supplier related ASML factory disturbances
Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
The SQE is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, supply chain, etc.
Education and experience
Master degree in physics, optics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or related.
Broad (preferably >10 years) relevant experience in high-tech industry, with complex modules, with a focus on supplier quality management and a proven broad technical knowledge; i.e. more a generalist than a specialist.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiate, influence and steer without formal authority
- Networker with good negotiating and team building skills
- Strong communicator
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Team player
- Fluent in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector BL EUV D&E is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated NPI solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification and trade-offs across sectors.
The SQE group is part of the Optical Column department and is responsible for Supplier Parts Quality of multiple complex parts & modules. Our main supplier & partner is Zeiss.
This position will require frequent travelling (multiple times per quarter).
Direct reporting is done to the Group Leader of the optical column SQE group.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.