You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
9 days ago - J-00245009-861
Zone Quality Manager
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
In Global Quality, the Customer Quality (CQ) department is responsible for bringing the voice of the customer to ASML’s headquarters, to ensure proactive and effective attention for complete and thorough follow-up. To enable this, the CQ department consists of a network of Zone Quality Managers (ZQM’s) located near our key customers.
The Zone Quality Manager will support the local site’s Intel EUV and DUV customer quality expectations, working closely and in alignment the US Operations, other US and global ZQM’s. This position will report hierarchically to the US sector Customer Quality HoD which in turn reports into Global/Customer Quality Senior Director in VHN.
Role and responsibilities
Ensure ASML continuous quality improvements match with customer expectations.
- Work collaboratively with US Operations.
- Strive to promote a process approach mindset: Streamline processes to be smarter and quicker.
- Assess zone processes and initiate/promote improvements (at the local and HQ).
- Interface with HBO Intel customer on all quality aspects.
- Be solution driven and leverage learning.
- Be an active Quality leader and role model.
- Leverage and apply best industry practices.
Setup and maintain customer quality dashboard:
- Align with customer on Customer Quality Indicators (CQI’s).
- Secure buy-in from ASML Headquarters in case required.
- Drive CQI performance to agreed targets.
Prepare and present appropriate report outs to customer and internal stakeholders:
- Monthly and quarterly reports.
- Coordinate necessary updates and presentations.
Manage customer complaints:
- Local intake & filtering.
- Manage proper follow-up through GQ CF Customer Quality Care team.
- Manage timely closure of complaints with customer.
- Robustly apply closed looped corrective/preventive action methods to ensure non recurrence and effective learning.
Manage customer audits:
- Align with customer on audit agenda.
- Work with GQ Audit team on follow-up.
- Drive quality improvements, engaging closely with US operations as well as relevant VHN functions.
Intake, filtering, follow-up managing, and feedback communication for Customer quality notification (CQN):
- Review of ‘Dead-on-Arrival’ spare parts with local CS team, drive follow-up.
- Identify and drive follow-up of major quality escalations.
- Assess and improve zone processes (for speed, efficiency and effectiveness).
- Assist zone management by proposing process improvements and participate in deployment of new and improved processes.
- Assist zone management by initiating, driving and tracking of improvements on the execution of crucial processes.
- Drive and track follow-up of actions resulting from audit findings, including systems wide applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Min. 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience and knowledge in the semiconductor business.
- Experience in dealing and communicating with customers.
- Strong understanding of end to end quality and value chain methodologies.
- Experience in quality management aspects within a high tech business to business environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Good stakeholder management, pro-active mindset, challenging convention, taking ownership and driving improvements, for customer satisfaction.
- Fostering innovative rethinking where required, in order to improve agility and adaptability.
- Team oriented.
- Project and time management skills.
- Continued VOC awareness.
- Assist other functions through assessing and improving local and central business processes (Logistics, DOA team, operational quality, parts quality team, SW quality team, D&E, suppliers, CQC team, etc).
- Align for best practices with all ZQMs.
- Strong customer oriented attitude and customer interfacing skills.
- Able to analyze and draw conclusions from data or report information.
- Strong verbal/written communication and influencing skills.
- Track record in process improvement/optimization.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Comfortable in technical and business engagements/discussions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs. Up to 40% Travel (Wilton/Veldhoven/Other US Sites).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is located on-site in Hillsboro, OR. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.