You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
21 days ago - J-00245031-963
Failure Analysis Optics Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
This position is an opportunity to investigate problems seen by our many customers in the field.We are looking for someone to complement our experienced team of engineers from the optical side of failure analysis.This role will be hands on troubleshooting and investigating field reported failures to find root cause of failures.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- This position is tasked with performing failure analysis on all optics related field returns from Cymer customers.
- We are looking for a motivated individual that loves troubleshooting failures and finding out what caused them.
- This person should be well versed in optics troubleshooting and familiar with all related tools required to perform FA (see below skills for detailed list).
Education and experience
Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- Bachelors degree in optics / physics or equivalent experience in industry.
- Experience with laser optics systems and optical component characteristics.
- Strong troubleshooting and test skills.
- Experience working with precision optical components highly desirable.
- Proven abilities to troubleshoot and identify problems in complex systems.
- Understanding of laser systems/optical theory is desired.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Use prior experience in debugging devices, along with critical thinking to narrow down failures to their root cause.
- Design experiments to test theories and recreate failure modes.
- Use optical test tools and diagnostic equipment to test and troubleshoot complex opto-electronic assemblies.
- Work with both failure analysis and manufacturing optics engineers to understand the methods and test equipment used to test optics modules to a strict set of specifications.
- Tests Opto-mechanical assemblies in strict accordance with procedures.
- Uses standardized tools and equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers) to perform mechanical assembly, testing, repair, and troubleshooting of opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Enters data into company databases.
- May collect and analyze data under descriptive instructions/guidance.
- May recommend procedural improvements to management.
- Follows control measures and processes to ensure the quality of modules produced.
- Identifies and documents discrepant material.
- Sets up diagnostic equipment according to general instructions.
- Uses specialized test equipment and programs and common test equipment to execute and control testing throughout the design/production process.
- Troubleshoots and isolates problems in laboratory equipment.
- Investigates the root-cause of issues and provides information to Engineers and Project Managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to work independently and ensure tasks are completed with little supervision.
- Ability to write technical failure analysis reports which clearly show analysis performed leading to root cause determination.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.