You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
15 days ago - J-00244686-939
Internal Control Specialist - ESG
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products. ASML is a global public listed company headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlandswith around 31,000 employees worldwide.
At ASML, we aim to make positive contributions to a digital and sustainable future with lithography products and services that enable further chip miniaturization. As a responsible organization, we want to do more to become a leader in sustainability, using our innovation strengths to get there.
The increased focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG), is elevating the pressure to assess, manage and disclose the ESG positions and associated risks. Therefore it is essential that the reporting is accurate and in line with the requirements that will continue to develop in the next few years.
Do you like to contribute to this challenge as Internal Control Manager ESG? A job which is new in the companyand gives you the opportunity to develop this function. We are looking for a person who is enthusiastic about the challenges and opportunities that the developments in ESG and (Annual) reporting offers.
Role and responsibilities
The Internal Control Manager - ESG will run and monitor the implementation of a compliant internal control framework for sustainability and ESG information.As this is an area which is developing rapidly, we are looking for someone who is able to adapt new requirements easily and brings those complex topics simple to ASML’s business. You drive internal control in a dynamic and changing environment. Your main responsibilities include:
- Monitorbest practice and future developments in ESG reporting requirements andtranslate into the impact for the ESG internal control framework of ASML;
- Gain an in depth understanding of the ESG businessprocesses and define the relevant risks and controls
- Advise in and support the implementation of a compliantESG reporting framework, including robust and auditable standards toenable credible external ESG reporting
- Participate in ESG projects that impact the ESG internalcontrol framework
- Setup and maintain contact with the key stakeholderswithin the relevant processes for ESG reporting
- Advising stakeholders within ASML with the correct andconsistent interpretation of ESG internal control requirements.
- Maintenance of the sustainability reporting manual andactively propagate the reporting standards
- Ensuring robust, timely and verifiable data is collected for the internal and external reporting.
- Assisting with the external audit regarding sustainabilityand ESG Internal control topics;
- Encouraging continuous improvement and embeddingcompliant reporting in ASML’s processes.
Education and experience
- Master degree with completed RA or RO (or equivalent)
- Sustainability / ESG education is a plus
- Fluency in English
- 7-9 years relevant experience in finance or auditing
- Knowledge of Internal control, COSO and Sarbanes-OxleyAct is highly preferred.
- Specific knowledge of the key (non-financial) reportingframeworks such as GRI (Global Reporting Initiative), SASB (SustainabilityAccounting Standards Boards), TCFD (Task Force on Climate-RelatedFinancial Disclosures), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), GHG (GreenhouseGas Protocol) and ESG indices is a plus
- Experience in implementing internal control frameworkfor sustainability reporting and data reporting is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- make complex topics simple and transparent;
- good social and effective communication skills; ispersuasive and able to influence;
- proactive / hands-on attitude;
- overcomes barriers for change and engages others totake action.
- Pro-active and decisiveness;
- Team player
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will be part of the Expert Advisory team and it is our mission to be a trusted advisor that supports quality decision-making, drives risk mitigation and think in solutions. At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our ambitious business objectives are met in compliance with laws and regulations. As a business partner you will work with senior stakeholders inside and outside the Finance department.
As ASML is a fast-closing, listed company in both the US (NASDAQ) as well as in the Netherlands (AEX), compliance with SOX, US GAAP, IFRS and ESG requirements and efficient and compliant processes are crucial. This makes this position challenging, complex and very important within the Finance department.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.