You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
lead engineer Core IT Infra services Customer team
In a nutshell
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in the United States, China, Taiwan, Korea and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands employing over 19.000 people.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the Core IT services department providing all, mission-critical, IT support services. This not only includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops and desktops, telecom services, network and datacenters but also the IT applications which are used within ASML.
As a Solution Architect Compute your job mission is to ensure that the enterprise compute architecture is implemented in the global eIAAS, PAAS and datacenter domain defining services and solutions which enable ASML to move forward in a high demanding, fast moving and dynamic environment.
As a Solution Architect Compute you are responsible for the further development of the enterprise compute architecture within the eIAAS and datacenter domain. You will act on both a tactical level designing, documenting and communicating solutions that meet business requirements and which are in line with the enterprise architecture standards and guidelines as on a strategic level, identifying and designing the future state of the global eIAAS and datacenter domain.
As a Solution Architect Compute you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Consult in the identification and refinement of business requirements, and functional specifications of projects and programs
- Design, document and communicate business solutions in the eIAAS, PAAS and Datacenter areaaccording enterprise architecture standards and guidelines
- Embed the enterprise architecture standards and guidelines in the eIAAS, PAAS and datacenter domain and define complementary principles, such as the lifecycle management policy,providing guidance to Technical Landscape Owners and Service Managers
- Translate and realize the strategy of OS’s into technical roadmaps
- Assure quality of OS related changes and problems, support rollout of complex OS, IAAS, PAAS or datacenter changes
- Collaborate with Solution Architects of other functions in order to identify impact and provide solutions of cross-functional architectural requirements
- Identify weaknesses in the current compute (storage) architecture and propose and develop improvements
- Provide consultation to internal business partners on architectural options, risks, potential cost saving options and technology changes in the area of eIAAS, PAAS and datacenter
- Identify opportunities for reusable infrastructure components
- Bachelor or master degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid industry certifications such as Archimate and TOGAF
- Broad understanding of hosting and infrastructure technologies including:
- Virtualization: VMWare,
- Cloud: Working knowledge of Cloud providers such as Azure,
- Compute: Cisco/NetApp FlexPod and Cisco UCS Solutions
- Knowledge about database (PAAS) solutions is a pre
- You may not be an expert in all of them but will be able to impress us with your drive to learn
- At least 5+ years of experience in translating business requirements to architectural solutions in
- the area of IT infrastructure
- Broad knowledge of design compliance and internal auditing programs
- Experienced in participating in complex projects
- Experienced in working in an environment where IT Service Management processes are used (e.g. ITIL)
- Analytical, precise, decisive, flexible and result oriented are key words
- Eager to stay knowledgeable on technical movements/opportunities within the market
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Operate with integrity
- Creative and innovative thinking
Context of the position
As a Solution Architect Compute you are a member of the IT Infrastructure Services team, part of the Core IT Services of ASML. Within the position you will report directly to the Manager Plan of the Core IT services team. IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means a high demanding environment with unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.