You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Improvement Expert - Global Business Services (GBS)
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast growing company? Are you challenged by contributing to the implementation of our global business services organization within ASML, do you have a drive to continuously improve existing processes and ways of working, introducing state of the art solutions and is innovation part of your DNA?
We are looking for you!
A professional who makes the difference because it’s in your nature to innovate, drive improvements and simplify existing end to end processes using data and technology in order to support our company’s growth.
Role and responsibilities
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information systems enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in an exciting era of digitalization, and data mining, enabling ASML’s future growth and its success.
Recently ASML has launched its transformation towards a GBS organization, ASML’s Global Enabling Services (GES), to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around E2E processes. Finance and IT are the first movers soon expected to be followed by other services.
To realize our ambition for 2025 we aim to implement a portfolio of capabilities and solutions together with business and IT. Doing so we are looking for a senior global business services improvement expert who has experience in managing larger scale business transformation projects with focus on end to end processes.
You will be positioned in the Center of Excellence within GES. The Center of Excellence acts as “nerve center” to embed new capabilities and ways of working and sets-up appropriate governance. It provides guidance to drive continuous improvements and coordinates larger scale business transformation projects. It has a strong link to the Expert Advisory teams on innovation, policies and procedures, excellence, and knowledge capture. The global business services improvement expert leads projects and solutions, coaches team members and supports the deployment of the improvement projects in the service delivery teams.
The global business services improvement expert is jointly responsible for:
- Driving execution of the process and tooling improvement projects and lead larger-scale change projects;
- Identifying, designing and implementing global end-to-end processes / process improvements in order to achieve defined process metrics levels;
- Ensuring state of the art “fintech” solutions (processes, tools, data) are developed and applied that deliver on the needed requirements;
- Driving innovation and leveraging new technologies such as machine learning, process mining, RPA;
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders in the end-to-end Service teams, Business, IT, Data & Analytic teams, Expert
- Advisory teams and Finance Business Partnering teams.
- Creating the right improvement mindset in the organization (Lean, Agile)
Education and experience
- Minimum of at least 10 years relevant working experience;
- Understanding of end to end business processes (e.g. Market to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, …) supported by state of the art solutions;
- Experience with managing a (project) team;
- Experience with implementation of business transformation, integration and change projects;
- Experience with running projects using waterfall and agile methodology;
- Experience with SAP (ECC, S4HANA, BPC), Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and other emerging technologies;
- Experience working in global shared services is a pre;
- Fluent English speaking and writing.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Has a strong personality;
- Multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural understanding, values differences and is able to bridge between different departments and people;
- Strives for continuous improvement;
- Committed and flexible (going the extra mile);
- Communicates effectively;
- Result oriented with a high sense of responsibility and accountability;
- Likes to work as a member of a team, coaches other team members;
- Is curious in new (technology) developments;
- Has a strategic and innovative mindset;
- Is able to kick the tires/challenge the status quo; and
making other people grow/further develop professionals/talents
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The global business services improvement expert report to the manager of the Process Improvement & Deployment Services team. This team is part of our Center of Excellence within GES. GES is responsible for delivering world-class transactional & operational support services organized around global processes and interacts with the Finance Business Partnering Teams and Insights & Expertise Centers.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.