You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
SENIOR MANAGER PRODUCT LIFECYLCE MANAGEMENT (PLM) PLANNING
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires concurrent engineering by all disciplines. The main objective of this role is to drive the PLM teams to enable concurrent engineering and co-manage the product lifecycle of all ASML products to secure a capable supply chain delivering the right parts at the right time to support aggressive new product introduction roadmaps in the factory and co-managing the product lifecycle of all San Diego based ASML products while developing a strong, adaptable and motivating team environment. This requires leading a team of an ambitious group leads of project coordinators and bringing them to the next level of project management towards the developments projects.
For our Business Lines, with Development & Engineering and Supply Chain Partners, we manage SC requirements, the introduction and phase out of products, complex parts, engineering changes, related material availability and changes in infrastructure.
This position requires access to controlled technology as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Pro-actively plan and organize the staffing of the group of PLM project coordinators and ensure the optimal use of capacity in the group. Allocate project coordinators to the development projects to ensure material availability for proto, pilot and system build
- Manage concurrent supply chain introduction of new product designs in the global supply chain from technical feasibility towards ramp and release-for-volume including the critical path of Bill of Material readiness, technical documentation readiness, and material availability towards prototype, pilot and volume systems and spares
- Drives the development activity of the PLM team to support professional growth and career succession
- Uses outstanding leadership abilities to select, develop, inspire and evaluate teams and individuals to achieve and maintain world class performance
- Partners with Training and Development team to identify knowledge gaps and create training material and roadmaps to increase employee skillset
- Execute coaching and (career) development of all team members
- Conducts regular one on one meetings and performance reviews with direct employees to provide coaching and feedback
- Identifies personnel resource requirements and makes staffing recommendations to senior management
- Define competence roadmaps, assess (hard and soft) skill gaps and define and execute skill development
- Organize and continuously improve an effective and efficient materials management process to ensure availability of new buy materials (from proto to release for volume, and includes implementation of automation / IT opportunities to drive efficiency)
- Develops and drives KPIs to measure and monitor levels and lead to improved performance of PLM activities
- Manages these (KPIs) including actions with clear deadlines when team is not meeting targets on a daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis depending on the KPI
- Ensure and continuously improve an effective and efficient logistics engineering change process that enables controlled introduction of changes within Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Customer installed base
- Contribute to the further development of the Product Lifecycle Management department as part of Supply Chain Management. Take part in or lead initiatives or improvement projects on both levels of the organization
Education and experience
- MSc with work experience of more than 7 years of which more than 2 years in new product introductions. At least 2-3 years of management experience required.
- Experience in planning and logistics processes in a high-tech, low-volume environment.
- Experience as a project engineer in a high-tech, low volume environment (e.g. Supply Chain Engineering, Production Engineering).
- Experience in process development and driving change.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on coaching and mentoring of direct employees.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Able to coach team members by developing trust and demonstrating role model behaviors.
- Organize cross functional cooperation
- Result oriented, able to act under high pressure
- Stakeholder management : Able to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders both at operational and executive levels
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Excellent professional communication in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Physical demands and work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
May require travel dependent on company needs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.