You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
5 days ago - J-00245403-194
Lead Engineer Tin Mechanics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you driven to further develop your mechanical design expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? If so, then the job of lead engineer tin mechanics at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career!As lead engineer tin mechanics, you will actively work with the team leader, architect, and project lead within multidisciplinary projects.
Role and responsibilities
As lead engineer tin mechanics, you will be working on the design of one or more developments or issues, by creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in a project setting. You will be continuously improving the quality of mechanical designs. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions of the EUV Source. You will work together with the architect, lead engineer, team lead and (junior) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free conditions to manufacture/service systems in a cost-effective and smooth way.
On top of this you will be responsible for the design in high vacuum environments.
As lead engineer tin mechanics, you’ll:
- Be the team leader (with technical experience) who defines solutions, guides several engineers, and manages supplier feedback
- Be primarily involved with the application of precision mechanical construction principles
- Take challenges that are related to working with special materials, high temperatures and high pressures
- Realize the qualification of designs by contributing to the specification of various tests
- Be responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience
- Expert knowledge of precision engineering is necessary
- Experience with 3D CAD systems is needed
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment
- ASML experience is a strong preference
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job as lead engineer tin mechanics, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of precision parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and with an open mindset, be able to anticipate in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Motivated to drive your own development
- Fluency in English
- Show ownership in implementing modules and functions
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position, you’ll need to access US-controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. If you apply, you must be legally authorized to access such US-controlled technology before the job starts.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics & Electronics specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competence or functions in ASML equipment.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost
- Come in touch with every engineering process step
- Work together in a multidisciplinary team
- Individual performance & talent management
How to proceed from here?
Below you can find the process we follow to select the candidates with the best matching skills:
1. CV & cover letter review
2. Interview 1
3. Interview 2
4. HR interview
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.