You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
16 days ago - J-00245375-298
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the jobASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, Calif., Wilton, Conn., and Hillsboro, Ore.
Role and responsibilities
- The job requires work planning and coordination for self and other team members.
- A close work together with other engineers from different sectors, system engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacture engineers and field service engineers.
- The job requires concept and detailed 3D CAD design of complex electrical cabinets, modules, racks and PCBA according to semiconductor industry requirement, and prepare for 2D drawings for manufacturing.
- The job requires creation of detailed design documentation and review documents including performance specification, design specification, critical design review document, test specification, test report and more.
- The job requires cable/bundle design and routing in 3D environment
- The job requires modeling of heat transfer, fluid flow and other attributes which can affect machine performance. The job also requires candidate to design experiment to validate if the design can meet specs.
- The job requires prototype testing and cable routing in semiconductor machine environment and bench environment, and shall be able to quickly locate root cause if any issue comes up.
- The job requires extensive review of 2D drawing, 3D design and manufacturing documentations, and provide detailed feedback to design owners and manufacture
- Other duties as assigned
Education and experience
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of Engineering. MS or Ph.D degree preferred. (Knowledge in electromechanical engineering with wide scope to most related fields.).
Minimum qualifications – the hired candidate must possess all of the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for the position including:
- Minimum1-2 years of relevant, work related experience in electro-mechanicaldesign, on electrical modules, racks, cabinets and PCBAs.
- Skilledusage of Solidworks / NX (preferred) is needed for 3D and 2D design,previous experience with PLM software is needed (Teamcenter ispreferred).
- Knowledgeof basic manufacturing processes and surface finish processes includingmachining, sheet metal, casting and more.
- Knowledgeof heat transfer and fluid dynamics, and can use ANSYS and STAR-CCM+to perform simulations.
- Understandbasic Electrical Engineering knowledge, can read electrical schematic,wiring diagram and general electrical datasheet, and can use theknowledge to choose correct components in design to meet certain industrystandard/requirements.
- Experiencewith technical writing in requirements, design specifications and testplans.
- Previousworking experience in electron-beam scanning microscope systems is aplus, electronic modules and semiconductor industrial with a goodunderstanding of general industry standard and safety standard ispreferred.
- Cablerouting and cable design experience is a plus.
- Canmake technical decisions based on a good understanding of design scope,timeline and cost is a plus.
- Strong English communication skills – both written and oral and presentation skill.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Proficient use of Solidworks / NX (preferred) is needed for 3D and 2D design.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes and surface finish processes including machining, sheet metal, casting and more.
- Knowledge of heat transfer and fluid dynamics, and can use ANSYS and STAR-CCM+to perform simulations.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.