You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Group Leader - Technical Support
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The TwinScan Factory (TF) is responsible for the production and installation of DUV wafer scanners. Within the TwinScan factory, Technical Support is the technical trouble shooting department. The department is setup in 5 technical competences, with 3 teams in each competency. This totals in 15 teams of about 12 engineers each to support our Twinscan Factory in shifts. If necessary, Twinscan Installations are also supported by the TS organization at customer’s site.
Role and responsibilities
Technical Support provides quality solutions for technical disturbances to secure delivery performance of our lithography systems. We manage the increase of solving speed (shorten disturbance duration) and secure transparent and successful escalation management. As a Group Leader Technical support you will:
- Lead a team responsible for capacity flexibility, knowledge management within competence, solving time reduction, issue resolution including upstream quality and way of working.
- Divide tasks within the team prioritize, take responsibility for the fulfillment of all tasks and solve problems.
Take the lead in case of extreme escalations, protect the team, manage the workload, assure timely and correct execution of all department tasks and solve bottle necks.
- Manage skill level and training so Technical Support can solve all issue’s independent without escalation.
- Be responsible for capacity plans, roadmaps, KPI’s, evaluations and policies.
- Participate in the release for Volume, including the data- and know how transfers. Participate in pilot activities (i.e. TRM), in order to extend knowledge on new machine types.
- Be responsible for management and implementation of production support in detail and, within the framework of the
- Production Plan and the capacity available, taking the necessary flexibility, the agreed quality, and the guarantee of delivery (reliability of delivery) into account. Solving problems and prioritizing. Informing all those involved of changes and compiling recovery plans.
- Direct the process of analyzing the production support processes on effectiveness and efficiency, in order to: deliver management information, KPI’s, indicate structural problems, enhance the predictability of problems and how to avoid them. Explains and communicates with customers about technical subjects.
- Ensure proposing and attuning of improvements. Making proposals for the improvement of not only the products but also the processes. Lead improvement projects and 8D’s, especially in LEAN deployment. Evaluate the effects of these actions/improvements.
- Manage the cooperation and harmony within the group and between different departments by giving support, motivating employees, finding solutions and sharing information.
Education and experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Physics or a similar field.
- Experience in a production environment with high-tech products and complex production processes.
- Broad technical and business knowledge.
- Extended experience with production and engineering.
- Know-how of the products involved.
- Knowledge on higher vocational level within specific areas of technology, combined with some years’ experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- People manager, motivates team, can drive and implement change.
- Analytical mind. Get-on and do it mentality. Very active, plenty of initiative.
- Focused on quality and service orientated.
- Managerial skills for professionals and for groups at different levels of abstraction.
- An interest in other technical and business processes.
- Enterprising, purposeful and flexible.
- Good social and communication skills and team worker.
- Excellent communication in the English language.
- Good communication skills with a customer focus for understanding, influencing and supporting them.
- Has intercultural sensitivity and enjoys working with an international, multicultural team.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will work in a 2-shift, according to the following schedule:
- Mon to Fri from 06:30 until 15:30 and from 15:00 until 00:00.
- In this schedule you always have 1 fixed day off per week.
- You work one weekend per month from 07:00 until 16:00.
You are expected to travel (infrequently, 5-10% of your time) to a customer site.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Please submit an updated version of your CV and a cover letter stating your clear motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML.