You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
14 days ago - J-00245145-008
Researcher in Optical design
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Are you experienced in defining and designing optics and optical (measurement) systems? Are you eager to shape the future of ASML and create innovative new ideas? Then the ASML Research department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Role and responsibilities
The job mission is to create new optical components, optical designs and optical (measurement) systems that will become future ASML products. This includes scouting for new design and manufacturing techniques, creating concepts and evaluating different solution directions.
Responsibilities of a Researcher in Optical design in the Research department:
- Participate in projects thatinvolve new optical components or systems; in those projects you take theresponsibility for the optical design, from first principles to a fullytoleranced design.
- Be a sparring partner in thesystem design discussions, representing the optics part of the team.
- Create new ideas and concepts thatcan be used in current or future projects. These ideas and concepts areboth in design methods via advanced mathematical concepts, or in prototype-designs.
- Build on the “Optics design”competence within ASML, by bringing in experience and knowledge in one ormore of the following areas: Optics design, Optical concepts, Opticaldesign software, Optical manufacturing techniques, Opto-mechanics, Opticalmanufacturing companies, Optimization, Aberration theory, Meta-materialsand Meta-surfaces.
- Generate intellectual property.
Education and experience
Master’s or PhD (Preferred) in Physics with a strong focus on optics.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with optical design.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team worker and excellent communicator.
- Strong technical background anddrive towards solutions.
- Solution minded and able to seeand develop the bigger picture.
- Decisive and self-initiating.
- Result focused and a “can do” spirit.
- Able to influence withoutpower.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of position
The position is available within Research sector. The sectoris responsible for creating ideas and solutions that enable a continuation of the ASML roadmaps.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.