You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
14 days ago - J-00245608-781
EUV Installs Site Manager
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support (CS) organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, upgrade, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customer within the specific region. The Install department is responsible for bringing the latest technologies to our customer, enabling their development and production of microchips.
The mission of this position is to ensure successful delivery and execution of EUV system installations within the US region.
As a CS Install Line Manager you will be accountable for the successful installation of EUV lithographic systems at the customer site, within specifications, on time, and exceeding the quality expectations of the customer. You will also be accountable to ensure that the installation process meets the business needs of ASML and our customer commitments. In this role you will use resources from US regional EUV Install team, US regional Customer Support teams, Factory teams, local office, CS team and other support organizations.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a member of the EUV CS Leadership team, the EUV Install Manager is responsible for safely completing install projects while driving performance, quality, and cost KPI’s. The Install Manager is expected to oversee all Install operations and be the interface to the customer. The Install Manager shall drive motivation and retention of staff by promoting an environment focused on development and engagement in line with the ASML Vision and Values.
- Safety: Ensure all operations are performed in a safe environment and drive towards a proactive culture of safety first.
- Management: Guide and support the Install activities and control the department actions to maintain a safe working environment. Set priorities, solve problems and ensure timely and correct execution to conform to planning. Spend up to 30% of your time coaching and developing your people.
- Customer Interface: Be an ASML ambassador and represent the company towards the customer. In parallel represent the Voice of the Customer within the ASML organization to enable improvements to meet and exceed customer expectations. Continuously improve communication and performance of the Customer Support organization.
- Project Execution: Engage resources to enable planning, executing, and control of Customer Support activities in alignment with sponsors and corporate driven projects. Manage execution of the agreed upgrade scope and ensure customer satisfaction through KPI-driven execution.
- Account Support Team: Participate in the Account Support Team organization to align install schedule and specifications to customer and commercial needs. Ensure the conditions exist to avoid problems and to support the organization’s ability to deal with occurring issues effectively.
- General: Improve communication within teams and between teams within same region as well as between regions. Implement and improve policies, processes, procedures, and administrative control within the region.
- Strategy and policy: Develop policies and objectives for the Install Team and contribute to the development of the strategy on the next level.
- Annual plan/budget: Develop, manage and ensure realization year plan/budget for the Install Team and acquire approval.
- Realization: Direct and drive the realization of planned results and of departmental contributions to cross-sector projects, monitor and decide on allocation of finances to remain within budget restrictions.
- Organization development: Evaluate organizational design, processes and systems and initiate and implement changes and improvements.
- People management and development: Attract, lead, coach, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and increase engagement.
- Knowledge and information management: Keep up with internal and external developments and ensure development, transfer and retention of knowledge and information.
- Management information: Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses.
- Relations management: Build and maintain a network of internal and external stakeholders and partners and represent the organization.
The holder of this position reports to the Director of CS EUV US.
Education and experience
Position requires a BS degree in an engineering field or management, or equivalent experience.
10+ years of experience with a minimum of 5 years in Leadership positions.
Experience managing a customer Support organization and projects preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- People Development skills to drive the development of people, providing coaching and feedback.
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition, and accountability.
- Willingness to continue learning and growing in a professional environment is necessary.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to move around the campus.
- Will require domestic and international travel to meet company needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Work can be conducted at a customer site and requires familiarization with customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety.
- Position will require travel up to 30%.
- Position will require access to customer site locations.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.