You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
15 days ago - J-00245510-296
Industrial Engineer Platform
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Introduction to the job
The mission of Design Engineering is to enable our field service engineers to be successful in
supporting our customers. As an expert in your subsystem you will function as the technical
interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration
Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access
such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company
to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
• As an Industrial Engineer Platform your main focus is in the area of mechanical, electrical and
mechatronics modules for e-beam inspection/metrology products
• Translation of product specifications to requirements in product design and service processes
such as product availability targets
• During the co-design phase you ensure the product is designed as such that it can be
maintained at our customers within required timeframe and with high success rate by
providing insights from the perspective of serviceability, accessibility, etc.
• You do the preparation for the service processes including all required installation, test and
service procedures, training documentation, definition of out of control action plans,
diagnostics, Statistical Process Control parameters, tooling and spare parts
• New product introduction by validating service procedures during prototype build, training our
service personnel and supporting them during early customer introduction phase. If needed
travel to solve complex problems on site within expertise (international travel max 10%)
• Analysis of the performance in our service organization and define improvements to meet
initial product specification
Education and experience
Master or higher degree in technical science (mechanical, mechatronics, physics, electronics,
material science, optics) or equivalent experience. Or bachelor’s degree with at least 3-7 years
relevant work experience.
3-7 years or more (co-op included) of experience in:
• A production and/or service environment with high tech products and complex production
• Knowledge complex SEM systems is a plus
• Working experience or knowledge in semiconductor equipment as well as understanding the
concept of CRAMS (cost, reliability, availability, manufacturability, serviceability) is required
• A background in the application of charged optical optics, high voltage, charged particle
physics, vacuum systems and semiconductor fabs is desired
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents. Interpret and
update Gantt charts. Understand basic project planning, dependencies, and milestones
• Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality,
efficiency and professionalism.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
• Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.