You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
8 days ago - J-00245315-455
Competency Engineer Defectivity - EXE/HiNA
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Drive the performance and maintain an overview and road map for the scanner subsystems at customer site. The holder of this position reports to the EXE Group Leader and provides indirect and direct support to customers, and direct escalation and competency support to operations.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The EXE Defectivity Competency Engineer will work with the Fab team engineers and system planners to provide escalation support including action plans, best known methods and competency knowledge. The EXE Defectivity Competency Engineer will also work with non-local resources to solve escalated and structural issues, disseminate knowledge into the local team and provide project support per competency.
Your main responsibilities:
- Diagnose and determine root cause and provide action plans to maintenance engineers.
- Execute difficult and uncommon repairs.
- Support the execution of the EXE5000 integration at customer site.
- Provide beta test, project and coordination support.
- Review complex action plans upon request.
- Knowledge transfers to local site engineers and customer.
- Data analysis and define improvement and monitoring plans.
- Develop and implement best known methods on necessary topics.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation including initiation, review and improvement rollout.
- Mature and industrialize the ecosystem to meet customer needs.
- This position will require an extensive travel time for training at ASML research and production centers in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- This position will require to work nights and weekends on a rotation basis to support our customers.
Education and experience
- MS engineering or BS engineering degree with 5+ experience in statistics, metrology or physics, or equivalent experience.
- A good knowledge of vacuum systems and its effect on particles and debris is a plus.
- Engineers with greater than 5 years’ experience in a CS support department for high tech products involving vacuum chambers.
- Engineers with at least 3 years of ASML micro-lithography system experience preferred.
- Previous experience mentoring new hire engineers & helping integrate from a technical and procedural perspective.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations take place.
- Take proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly independent in a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way.
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong hands-on skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.