You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
11 days ago - J-00245358-391
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer as ASML, you will perform a variety of engineering tasks including designing, developing, testing, analyzing, troubleshooting, implementing subassemblies and modules on machine. Creates and evaluates designs to meet requirements of specified applications. Design activities include stress, thermal analysis, GD&T, tolerance stack-ups, mass/volume claims, BoM creation, product testing, and drawing/documentation release. Researches and selects future key suppliers for consideration as turn-key providers of sub-systems. Develop resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters. Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies. Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to source critical supply requirements and drive new product development.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- You are a driven, hands-on Mechanical Engineer, proficient in NX solid modeling and Team Center, to help lead the detailed design of complex mechanical devices, primarily used in the vacuum coating industry. Key to this position is the knowledge and experience to design custom, often one off, complex structures involving precision gas flow, temperature control with high uniformity, and high positional tolerances.
- Requires knowledge/relevant experience in a wide range of thermal and stress analysis, knowledge of materials, fits and tolerances, design, manufacturing and testing of complex industrial devices and sub-assemblies.
- Leads the development of the Mechanical Design within the EUV source plasma chamber to enable the Tin Management function and assists with an assigned light source sub-system project through direct technical advice, schematics/design, approvals, and collaboration with Development Engineering team.
- Contribute as Mechanical domain expert to apply a broad range of fundamental mechanical engineering knowledge including but not limited to thermal system design and manufacturing techniques.
- Works closely with cross-functional groups to understand the current product issues and develop integrated solutions.Engages engineers, scientists,worldwide customer support , manufacturing, marketing and upper management to gain alignment and drive the implementation of the Tin Management function.
- Assists in providing a broad mechanical engineering design background and performs mechanical engineering analysis (stress, fluids, vibrations, thermal), design for control and distribution of inert and hazardous gases, air and water handling for thermal management of equipment and enclosures, large enclosure design, electrical component packaging, mechanical structural mounts and fixtures, design for manufacturability in low volume products, and design for configuration management.
- Assists in generating module or system concepts to meet product requirements.
- Assists in performing detailed design and component layout for new or improved subsystems.
- Performs tolerance analysis at system and subsystem level. Tolerance Stack up Analysis.
- Perform analytical analysis for thermal and structural components and sub-modules.
- Assists in a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Works with other Engineers and CAD Designers for prototype and pilot detailed design.
- Supports driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers, and QA to resolve quality issues.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Physics, or Material Science and a minimum of ten (7) years of relevant experience, a Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Physics, or Material Science and a minimum of eight (5) years of relevant experience; or a Ph.D. and a minimum of six (3) years of relevant experience
- Experience in designing, fabrication, and testing of mechanical, electro-mechanical and/or opto-mechanical modules, and related system interfaces for capital equipment tools.
- Experience in product development and industrialization.
- Previous experience with lasers and laser systems desired. Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Hands on experience in mechanical design and testing complex components and sub-assemblies.
- Experience in solid modeling; NX and Team center desired.
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis, NX-Nastran/Ansys desired.
- Experience with phased new product development process from concept to full release.
- Experience with Product Development tasks desired: bills of material, interfacing with vendors, procurement of material for prototyping, change management (ECNs/ECR/ECO).
- Knowledge/experience in Vacuum Technology preferred.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques highly desirable
- Applies knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Previous experience with lasers and laser systems strongly desired.
- Experience with vacuum deposition preferred
- Experience with custom vacuum process and debris control preferred
- Experience with product development desired.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.