You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Site Team Lead
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The holder of this position will deliver operational leadership to a team of Customer Support Engineers who provide direct support to our customers. Flawless execution and co-ordination of technical and operational activities completed by ASML personnel at the customer site are mission critical. Manage and coach a group of engineers assisting them on their individual growth journies is also a key mission component.
Role and responsibilities
The Team Lead is a critical part of the team and is instrumental in the day-to-day operation of shifts within the service organization. The Team Lead will report to the to a site Manager or Senior Team Lead and is responsible for the tactical and strategic plans of up to 10 engineers.
The roles of a Team lead are the following:
- Operational interface for customer issues.
- Monitoring and coordinating technical escalations.
- Supervise and co-ordinate on site scheduled activities and emergency calls.
- Assist with, and conduct, appraisals with your direct reports.
- Drive the personal development of the team.
- Participate in the interviewing process for new candidates.
- Do miscellaneous field service administration activities using ASML software tools.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to the intended audience.
- Understand and execute Service Level Agreement-(SLA) with customer.
- Manage shift support capabilities ensuring proper staffing customer service levels.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to travel on short notice domestic or international (up to 30-40%).
Education and experience
- Engineering degree in any discipline or equivalent experience.
- Technical Leadership experience preferred-Military or Business.
- Strong Verbal and Written English language skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Be a role model and coach to influence and motivate your team and others.
- Strong customer management skills-committed to the success of the customer.
- Work effectively across a diverse workforce.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Good coordination, documentation and communications skills.
- Multi-tasking with a good ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.