You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
ASML talent community - (senior) product manager in one of the business lines
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
This Talent Community will be used to build a network of talented professionals who are interested in pursuing a (senior) product manager role at ASML. Recruitment and Hiring Managers from all the different business lines within ASML will assess the application and match the candidate with actual job openings or openings that will be created in the near future.
Do you have a strong customer focus and do you commit to delivering the highest possible quality solutions? Do you enjoy developing a (value-based) product strategy in a high-tech environment? If so, please read more about this great opportunity!
The product manager defines the product strategy and roadmap. Collect the product requirements and implement the strategy. He/ She aligns product strategy and introduction (commercial and timing) with the sales organization. The product manager works also with the internal organization balancing the customer requirements with the internal execution. Product management is responsible for the product introduction and communication with customers.
The product manager has next to the product responsibility also a customer focus. The responsibility is to align the business line total product offering for the specific customer including communication to the world wide organization (including sales and service teams) as well as the customer.
Role and responsibilities
The candidate will be based in the ASML’s headquarter in Veldhoven (NL) and reports to the Director Product Marketing for one of the next business lines (BL) DUV, EUV or Applications.
Thus, we are searching for a product manager able to:
• Create and maintenance the roadmap and drive the execution of the integral technical and commercial product portfolio, including maximizing market share.
• Since you are product manager in a team, the candidate will also act as back-up for his colleague product manager(s).
• Support the implementation of the Product Generation Process (PGP) and you prepare and manage the creation of all information and documentation to assist the market introduction.
• Develop the corresponding worldwide communication strategy, product portfolio and pricing as well as the proper marketing and sales support material.
• Balance time to market and performance requirements with cost and quality provided products at the right maturity to the customers.
• Interact regularly with customers on the value of the whole product. Solicit continuously for improvements in products and related extensions and additions.
• Travel up to 30% (to be discussed) of the time.
Education and experience
• Master’s degree or similar, preferably in engineering or physics.
• A MBA or similar education would be a plus.
• In-depth technical understanding of advanced lithography equipment.
• In depth understanding of the semiconductor device and manufacturing process.
• Relevant experience working in the semiconductor industry in engineering or as equipment supplier to the industry.
• Ability to work both independently and in team settings in high ambiguity environments.
• Ability to lead cross-sectoral teams towards a common goal.
• Demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments.
• Experience in interfacing with customers, including managing controversial or difficult situations.
• Working experience in development, operations or customer support would also be helpful for this position.
• Outstanding intuition and understanding in sales / marketing; can manage the full productization cycle and achieve cost effectiveness leveraging business / commercial acumen.
• Culture fit is crucial: must show extraordinary resilience, discipline, and agility with strong sense of urgency to react and implement business decisions promptly and accurately in the fast-changing environment.
• Fluency in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Strong personality, team player, decisiveness, initiative, giving direction, influencing without power.
• Excellent presentation, communication and inter-personal skills.
• Strong customer focus and commitment to excellence.
• Self-starter, goal oriented, high-level of professionalism.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
• Solution minded, precise and practical.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the Business Lines are accountable for the development and marketing of the ASML products. The Product Manager is responsible to provide optimal solutions to our demanding customers to support their performance and to improve their global competitive position. The product manager is continuously challenged to maintain the right balance between technical capabilities, time to market and business targets, both for ASML and the customers, to ensure that ASML is chosen as the preferred partner, now and in the future.
For some of the business lines, this position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.