You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
8 days ago - J-00245856-540
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Mathematics
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join our EUV Source team in San Diego, Ca. The EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.The Controls Department is responsible for the development and engineering of the control loops for the laser system.The complexity of the EUV source puts exciting and challenging demands on the Control Engineers who will be engaged in all phases of the control systemdevelopment and integration involving high speed electronics, real-time embedded software, precision metrology and sophisticated control algorithms, all working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions to produce stable EUV light.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a team member for one or more control subsystems, capable of independent decision making for critical technical issues.
- Applies knowledge in sensors, actuators, control algorithms, software, and data analysis tools to drive control system improvements to enable continuously increased EUV power and system availability.
- Performs integration activates including trouble shooting the control system, designing and executing test plans, to ensure the system functions as designed in the EUV light source.
- Documents work results with system requirements, design specifications, procedures, and training materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and experience
- Requires Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or similar. A specialization in control systems is a plus. Relevant Applied Physics Bachelor’s degree also applicable.
- Linear systems, feedback control, signal analysis and/or image processing courses will be highly regarded.
- Project involving a signal processing or control-related topic also highly regarded.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explain technical issues and ideas to peers and management.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.