You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Facilities Maintenance Manager
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Introduction to the jobWe are currently seeking a Chief Plant Operator to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Facilities team in San Diego. This position entails the management of key operating and maintenance functions.
Role and responsibilities
- Manages the facilities maintenance staff which is outsourced. This includes but is not limited to all hard service (utility) facilities and maintenance programs.
- Oversees preventive and corrective maintenance programs for all facilities.
- Competitively bids out, negotiates, manages and implements the acquisition of goods and services associated with facility and presents recommendations to senior management and oversees related requests for proposals, contract specifications and purchase requisitions.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for facilities operations.
- Develop and maintains strategic plans such as Utility Master Plan, Energy Master Plan and roadmaps for end of life equipment replacement.
- Mentors and supervises facilities team members and vendors to ensure the facilities operations run smoothly and coordinates with local/state authorities, involving facility operation or building concerns and permitting/regulations.
- Assesses risk and mitigation strategies including Root Cause Analysis, highlighting issues and manage solutions. Must be proficient at executive communications and presents PowerPoint briefs to leadership.
- Monitors consultant performance; insure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements ensuring a constant high level of facility operations in line with existing policies and guidelines. You will further contribute to develop policies and guidelines as ASML evolves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering field (EE, ME preferred) or 20 year experience in related facility maintenance.
- Minimum of five years of relevant management experience.
- Strong technical knowledge desired in general HVAC, clean room filtration, boilers, water purification, wastewater collection and treatment, central plant utilities exhaust ventilation, air treatment systems, high-purity gas distribution, gas detection, safety alarm systems, electrical
- Distribution and clean room operations, building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements desired.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project).
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the project teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Demonstrated success as a hands on leader / manager with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.
- Working experience in an international setting with the ability to work with other cultures.
- Ability to plan development expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation, Proficient in the construction process, safety procedures, construction materials and methods. Read and understand blueprints and ensure site compliance with safety and environmental requirements.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view.You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
- Proactive self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.