You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
14 days ago - J-00245936-698
Laser and Optical Performance System Integration Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA (EUV laser source creation).
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster, chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Represent ASML Netherlands development & engineering projects in San Diego.
- Support project meetings to ensure close alignment to project development activities and escalations, requiring early morning calls and meetings to gain alignment and share knowledge.
- Provide a broad laser, optical, and controls engineering background to create test plans, secure system test time, assemble test hardware, perform validation testing of Source Laser Performance deliverables, analyze test data, and present results.
- Review requirements, specifications, software release documents, issue resolution plans, test plans and test reports with internal and external customers.
- Provides laser and optical system performance knowledge for issue resolution of optical and control systems.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers and QA engineers to work on design improvements.
- Assists with driving full documentation including sequences, procedures, bill of materials (BOM) and drawings.
- Receive knowledge transfer from projects on new module and software releases.
- Provide knowledge transfer training to Upgrades, Integration, Customer Service and Manufacturing personnel.
- Audit engineering changes (EC) and associated documentation for planned upgrades in San Diego.
- Recommend improvements to projects in regard to safety, reliability, availability, manufacturability & serviceability.
- Travel to internal and customer sites (domestic and overseas) to receive training, provide training, trouble-shoot, upgrade, and optimize laser and beam delivery systems (<20%).
- Work according to safety rules & report near misses and safety issues accurately & immediately.
- Effectively works & prioritizes activities with minimal supervision or direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering, Physics or Optics, Master’s preferred.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, two (2) with Master’s degree.
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and performance of optics and laser systems, optical metrology a plus.
- Experience in semiconductor equipment development a plus.
- Experience in statistical performance analysis of laser and optics delivery systems.
- Experience in diagnostic methods.
- Experience with optical and laser systems, optical alignment and image processing.
- Experience with Matlab and Python.
- Experience with developing, setting up, running, and collecting data from test experiments.
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (multimeter, signal generator, oscilloscope, analog digital converters and digital analog converters).
- Experience with MS Powerpoint and Excel.
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to develop trouble-shooting guide/action plans and present them to stakeholders.
- Flexibility, when needed, in work schedule including alternating weekend, day and night shifts and travel to oversees customer sites at short notice (<20%).
- The employee is required to support off-hours/on-call phone support for escalation management.
- Ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders (in person and remote collaboration).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The EUV Source Team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology at semiconductor manufacturers worldwide.The CO2 Satellite Team is responsible for the integration, qualification, and support of the CO2 laser system and beam delivery system.The complexity of the EUV Source puts exciting and challenging demands on the CO2 Satellite Source Laser Performance Engineer who will be engaged in integration and support of the lasers and optical system, all working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions to produce stable EUV light.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.