You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Supplier Quality Engineer (NPI)
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The Supplier Quality Engineers New Product Introduction (NPI) focus will be primarily Electrical with Mechanical support components which are used in the EUV Source. The SQE partners internally and with our suppliers to proactively realize parts with zero supplier quality issues.This is achieved by ensuring that our designs are optimized by involving those who will manufacture it, and validating the supplier manufacturing/qualification processes.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer (NPI) at ASML San Diego, you will work closely with Design Engineering and cross-functional teams across ASML to ensure our suppliers are enabled to meet product specifications and quality requirements.You are a key player in ensuring success for ASML products and quality to our customers.Our SQE's are responsible for deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers such as the Statement Of Work (SOW), Technical Product Documentation Acceptance by Supplier, (Proto) Evaluation reports, manufacturing flows, P-FMEA, Test Coverage Documents including SPC and Part Qualification Report.
Supplier Quality Engineers are responsible for:
- Technology development, being thesingle point of contact that coordinates design and development tasksrequired to build the NPI parts or assemblies to specification atsuppliers, may include design co-development.
- Quality, to secure the level ofindustrialization required to manufacture this part with zero defects inhigh volume.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Guides new products from thedesign and development teams to the Suppliers for New product introduction(NPI) builds as well as managing transitions to volume production.
- Secures (NPI) first time rightinto the ASML factory or customers.
- Defines the complex parts listwith Technology Gaps enabling supplier selection with sourcing.
- Generates (SOW) to ensure clearroles and responsibilities between ASML and the supplier, as well as aclear manufacturing plan of record.
- Engages with DevelopmentEngineering and our Manufacturing Partners to ensure proper and timelyconcurrent engineering including: Design for: Manufacturability, Test,Cost, Serviceability, etc.
- Defines product qualificationstrategy in alignment with D&E and Manufacturing Engineering
- Completes Root Cause Analyses todrive Zero Hour Defects.
- Implements improvement plans forany quality-related complaints on products/processes from the supplier orcustomer
- Arranges and control supplierinterface processes, such as issue resolution, root cause analysis,qualification, deviation, ASML factory disturbances.
- Contributes to supplierdevelopment to improve operational excellence by driving execution ofexisting agreements and improvement actions.
- Travels (up to 20%) both Domesticand International can be expected.
Education and experience
- Bachelors Degree or higher inEngineering/Science like Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Materials orequivalent scientific/engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in Manufacturing, Electrical Cabinet,Mechanical Design, Supplier Quality, and/or Quality Engineering.
- Quality Certifications are a plus.
- New Product Development – Agood understanding of the product development and Industrializationprocess (including DFM, DFT, DFC, etc.).
- Quality Tools – Proficient in theuse of quality tools including: pFMEA, SPC / CPk, 5-Why, MSA, GaugeR&R, Pareto, Ishikawa, 8D, Six Sigma Tools.
- Zero Defect -Understand and havea Zero Defect mindset.
- Ability to interpret technicaldrawings and specifications, Industry specific standards (i.e.. GD&T,AQC, IPC, Mil Specs, ANSI, ASTM, etc.), and knowledge of change controlmethods and processes.
- Understanding of how to designElectrical parts to fit into Mechanical assemblies. (Heaters, Cabling,Connectors).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Communication – Excellent communicationskills both written and verbal. Must be able to partner cross-functionallyand with suppliers; should be able to negotiate and escalate with tact
- Can observe and respond to peopleand situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply newinformation or skills.
- Must be able to read andinterpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus andcommitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality,efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignmentswith attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.